2. PHP-Fusion 6 Support
  3. Official Core Support

Submenus in left side

Forum Locked - v6 no longer supported

5 Replies 2,039 Views Last Updated on 8 years ago

Ceridwen

Posted 8 years ago

Hello,

I'm working on this website: http://www.avalonmists.nl/Adcoatra/news.phpa/news.php
It's in Dutch but that's not a problem for the question I have.

As you can see I created 'own pages' for the menutopics called 'Advisering', 'Arbeidsintegratie' and 'Partners'. Now these items need to have submenu's. I've already tried DHTML menu but it's not working on an older version of PHP and MySQL. Yes I know it needs to be updated but it's easier said than done on a Virtual Server. Also, the people I'm developing the site for actually want the submenu's on the left side, where the navigation menu is now (Navigatie).

So: when clicking on 'Advisering', the submenu must be displayed on the left side, from which one can click on an item and the text will appear on the right side.

Is there any way to accomplish this in PHP fusion or does anyone have a better idea how to create a php site like this with a CMS? I've tried other systems before but I find PHP Fusion to be the better one to use and edit.

Thanks in advance, I'm a bit desperate.

Matonor

Fusioneer

Posted 8 years ago

dhtml should actually be completely server independent, but as dhtml is bad anyway, you could do it with this method.
Impossible things are there to be made possible

Ceridwen

Posted 8 years ago

Thank you for your answer, and this is probably a stupid question but where do I place the code? I'm not a php expert, I don't really understand what it does.

Matonor

Fusioneer

Posted 8 years ago

make a panel that will act as a submenu. then wrap the panelcode into the code given in the linked thread and adapt it. this will then only show the submenu panel when necessary.

Ceridwen

Posted 8 years ago

I've tried it but it still appears standard on the left side. Also, how do I link for example the 'Advisering' item which is in the topmenu, to the panel? Fusion doesn't give an option to let you choose where a menu item links to (a panel for example).

And then even when I get both of these things to work, and I add links in the panel, how do I get the pages they're linking to, to appear on the right side?

The layout of the site is pretty standard, and I know it's easily done without using a cms system. I really need to get it to work with the cms though.

Matonor

Fusioneer

Posted 8 years ago

you seem to be used to working with frames. with modern html, you don't link to specific frame on the website but to specific websites. maybe you should play around and get used to the system.

Jump to Forum:
6 users are online
0 member and 6 guests