2. The Chill Out Zone
  3. General Discussion

Finalizing on Version 9 - Issues Cut Off Date on: 22/4/2017 - Sticky

Topic Free discussion area

3 Replies 165 Views Last Updated on 2 days ago

Chan

Super Admin

Posted 5 days ago

I am pleased to inform everyone that our development on version 9 is going as smooth as it can be, and RC5 is looking at a great shape now. We'll be not doing any more issues bug fix at the end of 22nd April 2017. (5 more days to go).

We will be preparing for launching the new platform worldwide soon after.

Falk and I will have a lot of things pending for PHP-Fusion 9 to main site after this, and as soon as the new site is up, the development will resume on Version 9.1.

So everyone here have final 4 days to address what you find is missing, inconvenient and perhaps needs minor improvement, and especially this weekend, please take your time to go through the latest RC5. We will give this a chance for a final push cleanup.

Regards.

Falk

Super Admin

Posted 5 days ago

You can download it here : https://github.com/php-fusion/PHP-FusionPHP-Fusion

Wanabo

Posted 2 days ago

I have tested some previous v9 (beta) versions, but these were all new installs.
My only concern is upgrading existing v7 sites with v9 and indexed urls (from v7) by search engines.
- will the old indexed urls work flawless with v9?
- will old urls be rewritten according to permasettings in v9?
- should rewritten urls have a [R=301,L] to let search engines know the url has changed. (htacces)

I'm looking forward to upgrade v7 sites to v9 because I think v9 has seo, mobile devices and many other advantages to make my sites competitive again.
pHp-Fusion.Org, mods to enhance php-fusion.
pHp-Fusion.Asia & pHp-Fusion.Fr & pHp-Fusion.Cn are available for a localized support community. Send PB for info.

Falk

Super Admin

Posted 2 days ago

1, No
2, Yes, and/or according to the ReWrite Drivers, they are customizable.
3, If possible that is a good thing to do.

Jump to Forum:
7 users are online
0 member and 7 guests