Posted 1 year ago
Hello everyone, just dropped in to make a summary of the development status so far.
RC9.02 we have increased quite a lot of functionalities and especially a new installer. Most significant improvement we can see now is that database connections is updated and is much faster than earlier 9.01 RC4. This alone is sufficient to cover a major version really.
I will just make it short and simple. If you want details, you can go over to view them at Github the changes.
So, the significant changes we did overall since 9.01 is as following:
1. News Infusion - increased functionality to news gallery. Revamped UI.
2. Sitelinks Class updated. It supports up to 2 sets of menus. The later can affix search bar and language switcher.
3. Custom Page overhauled 70%, and introduced Widgets.
4. Database Factory improvements. Run time is significantly faster now.
5. New exciting stock theme : New Artemis Admin Theme, New FusionTheme, New Materia Admin Theme
6. CSRF improvements. New Token Class
7. Comments now AJAX, and is Ratings
8. Core components - Sitelinks and Panels are now Class.
9. New Update/Installer Core Class.
10. Admin API revised including some minor changes in administration.
These are just the changes I can recall at hand. My apologies for those I may have missed out.
We have past 70 forks now. And the commits activity is so far so good with people helping with the growth of a better code base.
But up till now, minor and major commits since 9.01 is +1,488 commits.
Issues remains on SEO this far, due to incompatible drivers perhaps. But it's not a big issue. SEO is controlled by the router placed in index.php. We're experiencing some hiccups yet to be fixed regarding file inclusions. Error page still is not perfected as of yet.
And active issues remains below 20 at each closing week. This week, 21 issues and 16 closed. 5 added new - more leaning towards questions rather than a system issue.
To beta testers, please help on the reports is all we can ever ask for. 9.02 will be the last cycle that we will do.
Should anyone have any inquiries to the Version 9, let me know in this thread, and I will reply when possible.
Lead Developer PHP-Fusion 9