Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.

Locales Forum - 9

Anything related to 9´s locales, including error reports, requests and submission of new locale packs
210 posts | Last Activity on 14-09-2019 22:48 by mpol
mpol
Re: A Complete PHP-Fusion 9.0 Translation for Dutch by Douwe Yntema is available Okay, thanks.
I was using a translation from June. I see it is now much better.
I will add some suggestions when I run into things.
RobiNN
Re: A Complete PHP-Fusion 9.0 Translation for Dutch by Douwe Yntema is available We have this tool https://translate.php-fusion.co.uk/. Translate your language here.

BTW: Dutch already is fully translated
mpol
Re: A Complete PHP-Fusion 9.0 Translation for Dutch by Douwe Yntema is available Hi Douwe,
Just this week I updated an old forum from v7 to v9, and I am very willing to contribute to the Dutch translation. What is the best way to send updates?
And I see that a file like administration/security_settings.php is not part of the translation yet. Is there a preferred way to add files?
I am familiar with po-files, also with pull requests on github. If crowdin is the preferred way, I am happy to use that as well.

What would you prefer for communication? Just this forum thread?

I can imagine that a glossary and maybe a readme would be good additions to the git repo. A glossary would contain lines like:
thread = onderwerp
for instance. This way we can build up consistency.

This week I will be busy with some loose ends on my update, but I can install a clean site with clean translations from git and work from there.
Happy to work along with you and contribute to a v9 translation.
Chan
Chan 18-07-2019 02:17, 2 months ago
Re: Help Translate PHP-Fusion Thank you for the participation @WuChEn
! If you need any help, I'm always on the PHPFusion Discord channel.
W
WuChEn 07-07-2019 13:49, 2 months ago
Re: Help Translate PHP-Fusion I had join the Project on Crowdin.
Working on German Translation.

Greatz WuChEn
RobiNN
RobiNN 04-06-2019 10:46, 4 months ago
Re: Help Translate PHP-Fusion If you're already using GitHub, you don't have to do it on Crowdin.
Danish is already fully translated.

But OK, later I'll upload locales for Infusions
helmuth
helmuth 04-06-2019 10:34, 4 months ago
Re: Help Translate PHP-Fusion Is there future plans to include the translation of Infusions into Crowdin?

Or how do we handle these translations?
Chan
Chan 03-06-2019 01:00, 4 months ago
Re: Help Translate PHP-Fusion Translators we have now working on the project:

Arabic: Iriatum
Danish : Helmuth
Dutch: Douwe
Chinese: Chan
helmuth
helmuth 01-06-2019 06:38, 4 months ago
Re: Help Translate PHP-Fusion Sign me up for Danish ;-)

Crowdin username: helmuthm
Chan
Chan 01-06-2019 05:57, 4 months ago
Re: Help Translate PHP-Fusion This is request is open to all public community of PHP-Fusion.

Open Request for translations for Translations of PHP-Fusion 9

Are you interested or need PHP-Fusion in your own native language? Do you want to work with others on specific language translations for PHP-Fusion?

If the answers are true in any case, we have now set up a project repository at https://crowdin.com/project/php-fusion-locales

And this is where the development team needs your help to let us help you to make PHP-Fusion available in your language.

What version are we translating?
Translation of PHP-Fusion Core 9.03+ (Andromeda up)

What Language to Translate?
We have enabled all languages. You can check the status on the Crowdin project site. If you do not see one, please request it to be enabled.

What about Github Locale Repository?
The language packages in Github will be in sync with the one in Crowdin. As we increment, we will increase project versions and translation differences so everyone translators can contribute to the translations.

We have set up a Crowdin platform on Crowdin at https://crowdin.com/project/php-fusio...on-locales, and our special thanks to the Crowdin team, we are thankfully being sponsored by them to allow online translations possible.

How to join?
If you wish to contribute, these are what you need to do to get started.

Firstly, you need to register with Crowdin, they do accept social media or oauth logins.

Then, you need to tell me your email address (PM, or Chat to me on Discord) for an invitation link or if your profile has your email, you can tell me or please reply to this thread.

I will personally set up an invitation over to your email address to join our the translator community so you can start to translate on your favorite language.

Invitation Link
Click on this link to get invited to the translation team: https://translate.php-fusion.co.uk/pr...les/invite

How does the project collaboration like?
By default, we open the language repository to each and everyone to participate. Each language will need to nominated or to be select a chief editor for approval role of proof reading. (I am doing that role as of today) but sooner I will need to delegate the task to a trustworthy translator community who understands in the language.

We assume the administrators of NSSes step up to join us in this task or set up a small group in favor of translating PHP-Fusion 9.

Our core developers have been translating in Github directly, so that is fine too for convenience sake, and I will still do a manual port over to Crowdin to up-keep the consistency between the files. If there are discrepancies between files in the future, we will rely on the Crowdin version instead of the Github one.

What do I get?
You will get credits for all the hardwork when we package it on Github. And no, I do not plan just to leave your name and email address in a small txt file inside the package.

Do we have a timeline for completion ?
No, while we do not have a timeline for completion, we do hope that the languages can be set up and finished up so the community can use it.

I will update this thread as we follow up.
unknown
unknown 18-04-2019 05:27, 5 months ago
Re: Arabic I am interesting & Yes I already started
but first I need to translate at least 50%, to make sure that everything work perfectly good...
give me couple of days to complete this task!
I'll update you once I finish.
Chan
Chan 18-04-2019 01:58, 5 months ago
Re: Arabic We have started project translation with crowdin, poedit, still under testing phase. We got unlimited license from their sponsorship.
I don’t have time to fiddle with them yet, until my current coding work is done at least.

If you have started to translate I will make you main translator and give u main credit for all Arabic on the front page.

To submit, there are several ways. You can pass the files to me, to falk or directly on GitHub. And later possibly crowdin or poedit (we need to see which one is better for our use purpose)

You can see me and talk to me on Discord. I’m always online with my mobile phone 24/7/365.

Let me know if you decide to start. I’ll set you up for submissions.
unknown
unknown 16-04-2019 19:54, 5 months ago
Re: Arabic Meanwhile can developers give me like tips/advice/suggestions of tools or way to start such thing.

Feel free to send me private message!

Thanks!
unknown
unknown 16-04-2019 19:48, 5 months ago
Re: Arabic I'll just give this thread few days before starting...
to make sure if there is anyone already made it or in progress so I can help out!
unknown
unknown 16-04-2019 10:59, 5 months ago
Re: Arabic no reply
Falk
Falk 16-04-2019 04:42, 5 months ago
Re: Arabic I see, he never submitted it to us from what I can tell. You can write to him and ask if he needs a hand to complete it.
unknown
unknown 15-04-2019 23:07, 5 months ago
Re: Arabic I thought I see someone share screenshot for admin control panel with Arabic language at GitHub.
Ummmm, no big deal ...
Since Arabic my native language I can volunteer, but the language folder very big maybe going to take while to finish it alone.
Perhaps if someone can share useful tools related to this kind of project to help me out process faster, just wondering!
if developers can give tips I'll appreciate it ...

Edit:
I was referring to this one ...
If he can share this folder, I'll try to complete it instead of start from scratch !

https://github.com/php-fusion/PHP-Fus...ssues/1935
Falk
Falk 15-04-2019 22:30, 5 months ago
Re: Arabic Hi, it looks like we do not have one for v9, https://github.com/php-fusion/locales/tree/version-9
You can see the structure on other language packs there.
unknown
unknown 15-04-2019 11:46, 5 months ago
Re: Arabic Hello,

Request Arabic translate folder for v9
anyone can share please?
Chan
Chan 06-02-2019 03:15, 7 months ago
Re: Houston, we have a problem ... Hi, some feedback with regards to this on development team end. Core Dev has taken initiative to merge all locales into 1 single Repository, this way we can start versioning the corresponding locales with the correct versions all under one environment. RobINN is working on this.

As a result, we can see advantage:

- This will ease up locale translations, don't need to folder manage, just switch branch and get to editing language work.

Version 9.00 - https://github.com/php-fusion/locales/tree/version-9
Version 8.00 - https://github.com/php-fusion/locales/tree/version-8
Version 7.03 - https://github.com/php-fusion/locales/tree/version-7

If we add new version, we'll add new branch.

- Future: Under a single repository, I will be able to code up online translation programs to work with Github.

- Future: Grunt, NPM, Composer friendly
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.