Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.

Changing servers

I currently have a phpfusion 9 setup and have a lot of data on it. we are needing to switch to a different provider. Can someone tell me what are the steps to backup the database and then restore it.

I assumes i could go in to the phpMyAdmin and export the database then import on the new server. I get errors and the data is not there

When go to the admin panel and select System Admin > Database Backup>
Now when i hit Start Backup it waits along time to give me a error

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the error occurred and of anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Please help !
1 / Go to the URL of your hosting in the browser, eg:
https://webmysql.hosting.com/mysql5/?lang=cs-utf-8
2 / Click on DATABASE and then on E3XPORT.
3 / Wait until the entire database is transferred to your PC, eg to the Upload or Images folder.

Kvido attached the following image:
database1_mysql_2020-08-02_10-19-02.png database2_mysql_2020-08-02_10-19-02.png
Are doing the export and restore in the Admin panel of Php Fusion? Or do you do within the database itself?

When i get a copy of the current database and install a fresh install of phpfusion 9 on the new server and then restore i get errors. i am assuming i am doing it wrong. Is there a set by step process for this i can follow?
1, Export the database as described from back-end.
2, Copy all your site to the new server.
3, Setup your database.
4, Import your old database to the new server.
5, Configure your config.php with new database login info.

There is no need for a install as it will give you new db_prefixes and prevent importing old database unless drop command is used during export.
Thread Information
Author
Posted In
Replies
4 posts
Views
65 times
Last Post
Last updated on 3 days ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Users who participated in discussion: Falk, Kvido, Raymondd