Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.

Changing top navigation text: Satellite Theme

I'm stumped by this, and have tried very hard to solve it on my own but can't find it:

If you click on my website (kingsview.net) you'll see I have a typical Fusion set up with Satellite theme.

The goal is to change the words "Discussion Forum" to something else, such as "Classroom News" or the like.

I can't seem to find what file to edit to do it. I thought perhaps a locale or theme file, but can't locate it.

Can someone point me in the right direction?
Hi there

Take a look in the \locale\"your langauge". Here you will find the files that contains all the "standard" words in PHP-Fusion....

Hobr that enough pointing :D
Well, if it is for the "Discussion Forum" you have to change it in "Admin panel" --> "System Admin" --> "Site Links" and then click on [Edit] next to what you want to change. There you can also add ned "Links" to the navigation.

Ken wrote:
Well, if it is for the "Discussion Forum" you have to change it in "Admin panel" --> "System Admin" --> "Site Links" and then click on [Edit] next to what you want to change. There you can also add ned "Links" to the navigation.

ARRGHHH!!! I can't believe it was so easy! Thank you very much for this. I have spent a least an hour going through code, expecting it HAD to be hard-coded in a language or locale file.

Took less than a minute to fix it. And now I know how to fix any other such things I want to change. Thanks for sharing.

Mark Magill
Kingsview.net
No problem Mark, we have all been there :D. I'm glad you got it to work :).
Thread Information
Author
Replies
5 posts
Views
1,511 times
Last Post
Last updated on 12 years ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.