Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.

Well its not powered by PHP Fusion 6 but its powered by 7 :-)

Well Its a small site im working on getting started. Just a place where you can get various information and downloads. (ALL LEGAL) http://phasethis.com So check it out and give me feed back and suggestions.
Why don't you make http://phasethis.com a url (use the [url ] tags without the space) so it's clickable.

"No download categories defined"

Are downloads only for members? I'd advise you to allow guests to *at least* see what your site has to offer.
well the reason why its members, cause I want you to register before you download. Unless there was an option i can use to make it where guests can view but cant download i would do that!

ghostwx wrote:
well the reason why its members, cause I want you to register before you download. Unless there was an option i can use to make it where guests can view but cant download i would do that!

I figured that..

Well, if I found your site and figured out what it was about (i.e. downloads), and I viewed the downloads and nothing showed up, I wouldn't be motivated to register. Why not? I think that you don't have any downloads, when you do.

I suggest searching/asking to find out how to do that.
im just gonna open downloads to the public until i figure something out

ghostwx wrote:
im just gonna open downloads to the public until i figure something out

Smart decision. Also, you should offer support for downloads on your site. That would get me to register if I had an issue, or wanted to discuss a download, or so on..
ok what do you mean by support? like if the download dont work or actual support for the program/script
Well, that's all up to you. You may also want forum categories such as comparing downloads to others on your site (if you have downloads for similar purposes) or comparison to products you have to pay for, etc - basically all things downloads... :P
oh ok so basically a section of the forums for download related items?
Yeah, but ultimately, it's all up to you. I'm just giving ideas.
well that is why i posted here! lol
You might want to add to your download categories:

games
video (you have audio, so why not?)
FTP clients
antivirus/antispyware
windows utilities (and/or linux and/or mac, whatever you want)
other (or uncategorized)

And think about adding a Giveaway of the Day ticker or link (you'll find the ticker when you visit that link).
games is on there as well as music, you just have to register as those are gonna be bigger files so I would want them kinda controlled in a way
If you want your visitors to be able to view your downloads but only members to be able to download.

Open downloads.php

go to line 82 find...

CodeDownload  
echo "<td width='30%' class='tbl1'><strong>".$locale['415']."</strong> ".$data['download_count']."</td>\n<td width='40%' class='tbl2'><a href='".FUSION_SELF."?cat_id=".$_GET['cat_id']."&amp;download_id=".$data['download_id']."' target='_blank'>".$locale['416']."</a> (".$data['download_filesize'].")</td>\n</tr>\n";

Change to....

CodeDownload  
               echo "<td width='30%' class='tbl1'><strong>".$locale['415']."</strong> ".$data['download_count']."</td>\n<td width='40%' class='tbl2'>\n"; 
 if (iMEMBER) {echo" <a href='".FUSION_SELF."?cat_id=".$_GET['cat_id']."&amp;download_id=".$data['download_id']."' target='_blank'>".$locale['416']."</a> (".$data['download_filesize'].")</td>\n</tr>";
         } else {
       echo "&nbsp;</td>\n</tr>";
               }

This will remove the download link to anyone not logged in.

You could also change "&nbsp;" to a locale in locale/downloads.php eg; Members Only or some other.

Tested ok on localhost, NOT tested on a live site.
Thread Information
Author
Posted In
Replies
14 posts
Views
1,981 times
Last Post
Last updated on 11 years ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You can upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Users who participated in discussion: HobbyMan, googlebot, ghostwx