Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.

Incorrect Validation Code

Print Track
Using Version 7 did a upgrade from 6. Had this issue Then did a fresh install and restored db.
When anyone tries to register both on IE and Firefox they get Incorrect Validation Code when it is put in correctly. Also when they try the audio version it plays different then what is on the screen. Also i am unable to switch between image and text it is stuck on image. Here is a list of what i have tried that i got from other threads.

1. replaced maincore.php
2. replaced register.php
3. replaced /includes/captcha_include.php
4. deleted the table fusion_captcha
5. Also tried fresh install
6. manually changed my version to .11 in the database so I could reapply all the upgrades (.12, .13, .14, .15)
7. deleting the entries out of fusion_captcha and fusion_newusers and starting with a fresh copy of register.php loaded into a browser.
8. backed up all my files, reuploaded a freshly downloaded copy of fusion(minus the blank_config and setup.php), chmodded the files mentioned in the installation readme, used the config.php from the backup -- and still got the error
9. renamed config.php to config.old and uploaded blank_config and setup.php and ran the setup program using a different database prefix to build a new db set. still got the error on the fresh installation.
10. switched the theme to a different theme and still got an error.
11. you're host might use a load balancer or some kind of proxy-like device.
try replacing
define("USER_IP", $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']);
in maincore.php by:
define("USER_IP", isset($_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR']) ? $_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR'] : $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']);

24 replies

Please show us the content of phpinfo
PHP Version 4.4.7

System Linux boscgi1904.eigbox.net 2.6.24.7 #1 SMP Wed May 7 12:55:23 EDT 2008 i686
Build Date May 4 2007 12:53:29
Configure Command './configure' '--prefix=/usr/local/lib/php-4.4.7' '--cache-file=config.cache' '--without-apache' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--with-gd' '--with-jpeg-dir=/root/src/jpeg-6b/' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-tiff-dir=/usr' '--disable-debug' '--enable-discard-path' '--enable-inline-optimization' '--enable-mbstring' '--enable-mbstr-enc-trans' '--enable-memory-limit' '--with-regex=system' '--with-zlib' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--with-gettext' '--enable-wddx' '--with-gdbm' '--with-db4' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr' '--with-curl=/usr/local/curl/curl-7.14.0' '--with-mhash' '--enable-xslt' '--with-xslt-sablot=/usr/local/lib' '--enable-calendar' '--with-mcve' '--with-dom' '--with-dom-xslt' '--with-dom-exslt' '--with-iconv' '--with-xmlrpc' '--with-mcrypt' '--with-bzip2' '--with-pspell' '--with-openssl' '--with-ttf' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr/local' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--with-imap' '--with-kerberos' '--with-imap-ssl' '--with-ming=/usr' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-dbase' '--enable-exif'
Server API CGI
Virtual Directory Support disabled
Configuration File (php.ini) Path /usr/local/lib/php-4.4.7/lib/php.ini
PHP API 20020918
PHP Extension 20020429
Zend Extension 20050606
Debug Build no
Zend Memory Manager enabled
Thread Safety disabled
Registered PHP Streams php, http, ftp, https, ftps, compress.zlib

Nomak wrote:
Using Version 7 did a upgrade from 6. Had this issue Then did a fresh install and restored db.
When anyone tries to register both on IE and Firefox they get Incorrect Validation Code when it is put in correctly. Also when they try the audio version it plays different then what is on the screen. Also i am unable to switch between image and text it is stuck on image. Here is a list of what i have tried that i got from other threads.

1. replaced maincore.php
2. replaced register.php
3. replaced /includes/captcha_include.php
4. deleted the table fusion_captcha
5. Also tried fresh install
6. manually changed my version to .11 in the database so I could reapply all the upgrades (.12, .13, .14, .15)
7. deleting the entries out of fusion_captcha and fusion_newusers and starting with a fresh copy of register.php loaded into a browser.
8. backed up all my files, reuploaded a freshly downloaded copy of fusion(minus the blank_config and setup.php), chmodded the files mentioned in the installation readme, used the config.php from the backup -- and still got the error
9. renamed config.php to config.old and uploaded blank_config and setup.php and ran the setup program using a different database prefix to build a new db set. still got the error on the fresh installation.
10. switched the theme to a different theme and still got an error.
11. you're host might use a load balancer or some kind of proxy-like device.
try replacing
define("USER_IP", $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']);
in maincore.php by:
define("USER_IP", isset($_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR']) ? $_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR'] : $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']);

I have the same problem.
and i have post it evry were i could think. but nobody could help my.
i have report it as a bug but still no respons. i have even write Digitanium himself and again no respons.

I hope now there are more member that have the same problem that. there wil look to the problem..

(On this moment the only thing thats working is replace the old registrer.php
it works for members to register. but all the other stuff that work whit validation. is still not working.
and downcreat is not a nice solution to fix the problem.)
We are working on a fix :)
Tanks allot Digitanium.

I hope is ready soon :d

Greetings Rob
I was just sent notification from my site http://www.gojuryu.net that I have the same problem. I attempted to change the validation to text however it still shows as image.

The best and simplest solution for the time being was to remove the validation code requirement in the registration panel however keep the email verification.

As a backup to keep from being flooded with fake users I re-instated the botslap program to keep the spammers away.

While making the modifications, I also made a slight modification to the register.php to move the text to the left and notify users [or potential users] that the registration system has been repaired.

Also changed the global locale so the login has a notification that registration now works and made some parts bold there-by the users can see how to recover their passwords more easily.

Digi will address the problem with the text verification [he's really fast] however in the meanwhile I highly suggest you allow users to register without it and only with email verification. And again, to counter spammers - install botslap!
Text option doesn't work right now, as i say i am working and a solution will be ready soon.
Ok guys,

I've adapted secure image to use mysql in place of sessions, to try it unzip securimage.php and copy to includes/securimage.

Let us know how it goes!
Worked like a charm thanks Digitanium.

Cheers!
Digitanium you are the BEST :D

It is working fine on this moment.. great job Digitanium.
Tanks allot !! ;)
Always a pleasure :)
I too was having the same problem, I noticed the audio reading of the captcha image did not match, so started hunting. This update resolved my issue as well, thanks Digitanium for your hard work and quick response!
I'm getting an error while trying to download securimage.zip file :(
I am also getting an error when trying to download the file......It just wants to download the viewthread.php file..

I am also suffering with this problem, and would greatly appreciate It, If someone could reupload this file, so as I can try this fix..

Thankyou!!!

Cheers

EDIT: PLEASE???
hello i can't download securimage.zip and i have problem vith validation cod on registration and contact... help?
go on svn http://php-fusion.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/php-fusion/ and download securimage.hp from includes/securimage
I have downloaded and update my file with the new securimage.php but i still dont get a picture :/
ya, it's not working.
Please someone upload secureimage.zip to anoter file hosting site or something which digitanium uploaded.

Digitanium wrote:
Ok guys,

I've adapted secure image to use mysql in place of sessions, to try it unzip securimage.php and copy to includes/securimage.

Let us know how it goes!

please some reupload this attachment please guys please. :o
author Nomak
forumSuspected Bugs and Errors - 8
replies25 posts
viewed14,245 times
activeLast updated on 11 years ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot set up a bounty in this discussion thread.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
You cannot up or down-vote on the post in this discussion thread.
Users who participated in discussion: Falk, it-norden, GameAction, gojuryu, kd6oji, rob, bikerbones, HobbyMan, geekazoid1983, Nomak, kivan, DjordjeB, Macca38, nirvan5a, sEbbo