Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
I

fusionBoard5 Announced

by iunruh, Last updated on 11 years ago in General Discussion
Check this site for details:
http://www.php-invent.com/fusionboard.../index.php

Quick feature list: (not even half of the total list)
- ReCache system that caches information about the forum to lower cpu time
- Built-in GZip optimization
- Styling features that lets you change CSS of parts of the forum based on theme or view without editing any files
- Completely rewritten forum admin
- User Dashboard with Social Networking (groups, friends, photos, blogs, etc.)
- Mass moderation that lets you move/lock/delete/edit threads based on a certain criteria on a large scale
- Addable/removable thread views which are highly customizable

Release Date
Mid-October of this year
www.beautifulscraps.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/smiley.jpg
COOL!!!:D
Sounds interesting :)
Go to first unread post in a thread?
Make sure you tell us what you want before September 20-- After that, the feature list CLOSES until the next major version of fusionBoard.

We'll add just about any feature you want as long as it isn't something that can already be done in fusion (i.e. bbcode, user fields, etc.)
Sounds brilliant! Cant wait for it :)
* googlebot waits patiently.

Edit:

* googlebot fixed typo.
Visit the new home of the merge between Hacking Vs. Security and Security Override!

My copyright removal has been switched over from HvS to SecurityOverride.
Will there be an ability to hide posts and complete threads?
IPB has such feature and it's useful that moderators can hide possible non-allowed posts so an administrator can check them.
An inbuilt betting system (optional of course).

There is tons of those Gold mods, but what I really really really want, is a simpe thing.

User can bet 10.000 of his dollars on Team A or Team B - and when the game has been played, an admin picks the winner - and every user that put money on the winning team, gains the money he bet - and the losers loses the same ammount.

We're talking about imaginary money - not a real betting system of course :D.. Just something for fun.

I run a site for basketball fans, and this feature would be PERFECT.

Besides this, fB5 looks promising - can't wait for the release :).

digifredje wrote:
Go to first unread post in a thread?

This one most important for me...
And go to last post in a thread
I really love using Fusionboard 4 so i can't wait to try the next version ;)
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE EARTHLINGS !!!

SoBeNoFear wrote:
Make sure you tell us what you want before September 20-- After that, the feature list CLOSES until the next major version of fusionBoard.

Maybe because you're going to the Oktoberfest which starts on this day? :D

@Puma : FB is the only alternative if you're using v7, since gozoc is not going to convert his ExtBoard for v7 b)
Alcazar

nach Diktat spazierengegangen
I wanted to take a look at extBoard's admin panel for some inspiration for my next version, but there were so many problems, I couldn't get it to install (in fact it broke my entire v6 test site)

But anyhoo.. here is a preview of the admin panel backend for fB5:

Sunday, Sept 14
Finished Add Category/Manage Forums & Finished forum index & Finished Permission Management. Started on Add Forum

Screenshot 1:
New panel for managing forums, minimizes the amount of "busy-ness" (buttons that the fusion forum admin has) so you can see everything at a glance
www.php-invent.com/infusions/forum/attachments/manage.gif

Screenshot 2:
New add forum panel which is still under construction.. As you can see, the permissions system is finished and so are subforums / forum icons.
www.php-invent.com/infusions/forum/attachments/addinfusions/forum.gif

Screenshot 3:
Add category panel.. Nothing too special right now, but it has a better way of ordering (see phpMyAdmin -> Table Structure, it's similar to that)
www.php-invent.com/infusions/forum/attachments/addcat.gif

Screenshot 4:
Permission types panel.. lets you make types based on groups, posts, or level
www.php-invent.com/infusions/forum/attachments/permissions.gif

Screenshot 5:
Forum index.. RSS feeds, new subforums look (configurable), new last post look (configurable), category icons/description, collapsible forum categories
www.php-invent.com/infusions/forum/attachments/index.gif

The admin panel is largely based off of IPB 1.3... tell me what you think
It keeps looking better and better! Keep it up!
Visit the new home of the merge between Hacking Vs. Security and Security Override!

My copyright removal has been switched over from HvS to SecurityOverride.
OMG! Incredible job guys! Very powerfull forum. :D I want it!

RSS feeds?? I love this.

tycho00 wrote:
OMG! Incredible job guys! Very powerfull forum. :D I want it!

RSS feeds?? I love this.

Head over to PHP-Invent and download and install FB4 to get an idea of how FB is. It is the best Fusion Forum software available and I highly recommend it.

If you want to see a stable working version of FB4 check HERE.
Why use the old version? SoBeNoFear's site is php-invent. What are you saying Craig, because I don't get it.
Need help? Having trouble?

» View our Documentation for guides, functions and more - including the Getting Started section!

» Attach Log Files and Screenshots when reporting issues

» Name and Organize your content correctly for best results - use good grammar

Who the hell thought "erectus" was a good species name for our ancestors?
I do'nt use the old version I use the most up to date version which is FB4 Beta 1C.

What you saying lol?:)
Here's another update..

Monday, Sept. 22
There isn't much visible progress but I have done a lot in the backgrounds to make fusionBoard 5 more optimized and compatible with PHP-Fusion.

So far, I've only made one change to a core file; in header_includes.php, which is where PHP-Fusion will NEVER update! :D

Here is some visible progress, though.. I've added a Similar Threads feature and a Social Bookmarking/Premade links section plus a new way to log in (this is so that guests can know why they can't access something PLUS it allows me to add true admin invisibility without modifying maincore.php)

www.php-invent.com/infusions/forum/attachments/share_similar.gif

www.php-invent.com/infusions/forum/attachments/login.gif
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Users who participated in discussion: Stefan, muscapaul, KEFF, it-norden, Homdax, iunruh, Craig, Quartzkyte, noob, Jock, digifredje, Puma, Arda, hammer, gozoc, alcazar, tycho00, googlebot, DJBoddington, goudreault, Stiggc, Atomic, vidzspot