Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.

IE7 hangs on my new Fusion 7

Hi.

I'm getting this annoying error on my new installed Fusion 7 page,
Internet Explorer 7 crashes/hangs on the login

----------------
AppName: iexplore.exe AppVer: 7.0.6000.16705 ModName: urlmon.dll
ModVer: 7.0.6000.16705 Offset: 0002f4c5

AppName: iexplore.exe AppVer: 7.0.6000.16705 ModName: urlmon.dll
ModVer: 7.0.6000.16705 Offset: 0002f4c5
-----------------

I found that this problem is related to IE7.. so Firefox
and IE6 works fine..I have tried from more computers whith
IE7 whit same Results... maybe better to reinstall fusion ??

Anyboby get the same error..?
I'd be most grateful for any hints..of this error..
Thanks.
It is very unlikely this is related to the browser.

On what site?
If no error in other browsers (Opera, Flock, Firefox...) either the urlmon.dll is unregistered (try to execute regsvr32 urlmon.dll and see if it solves it) or it is corrupted (try to download it & replace it, but it's likely you'd have to reinstall (IE/Windows, not your site).
Thank you for your answers...

tested to run "regsvr32 urlmon.dll"..didn't help, strange thing is that problem only seems to appears on my Fusion site..if i visite other
sites powerd by fusion 7..for example the fusion test site on
http://www.opensourcecms.com/ its working fine.. this problem
also appears in my friends IE7..
Hokay, testar lite senare, på jobb kör vi bara IE6.
Nothing seems to help with this problem.. i have reinstall the site and IE7 and parts of Windows.. maybe better go back to old fusion
Does your site use flash and/or java scripts? If it does, then maybe the plugins of IE7 are not up-to-date?

Quote

MrSimple wrote:
Does your site use flash and/or java scripts? If it does, then maybe the plugins of IE7 are not up-to-date?


Hi there

No java scripts.. or mods, only new clean install of fusion 7
noting more..

You will find the site om this domain
http://www.mediumifokus.se

Test login : Guest
Pass: guest1
Great! Just logged in at your site, with IE7.
No problem logging in and could even post a shout.
But when I clicked on "submit news" my IE7 crashed too.....
What type of host are you using? Windows? Linux? Other?
Could it be related to a specific version of host files, like php?

Quote

MrSimple wrote:
Great! Just logged in at your site, with IE7.
No problem logging in and could even post a shout.
But when I clicked on "submit news" my IE7 crashed too.....
What type of host are you using? Windows? Linux? Other?
Could it be related to a specific version of host files, like php?



host is.. http://www.one.com i think they use windows servers
and they use PHP5.. I have helpt another site powered by old Fusion 6 on same host.. this page has many mods-changes and stil working great.. and never Crashed on IE7
They don't state clearly what OS they use, but I think it's Linux. Their FAQ says you can choose to use php4 or php5. Is the site that's running php-fusion 6 also using php5 or is it using php4?

Quote

MrSimple wrote:
They don't state clearly what OS they use, but I think it's Linux. Their FAQ says you can choose to use php4 or php5. Is the site that's running php-fusion 6 also using php5 or is it using php4?



i cant find the choice to switch PHP4-PHP5, iknow its should be in
advanced settings section,in the control panel..i remember seen that
option when working on 6.0 site,coupole a months ago, then i
selected PHP5... they maybe running all in PHP5..
i will mail the support on one.com and ask same question... :-)
i having the same problems on my Vista PC but if i disable protected status in IE it works fine
No problem for me with IE7 or Firefox 3 ...;)

Quote

captain wrote:
No problem for me with IE7 or Firefox 3 ...;)


curious.. Have you tested to login on the site mentiont above, problem only seams to appears on that one.. and IE7,


> SiteMaster
I have shutdown the phishing-tool and protected status down on minimum, stil hanging..

tnx.. for answering...
clear the cache and cookies and check again
Just noticed that you haven't entered your domain name in the main settings? Not that I think it can cause the problem...

Quote

MrSimple wrote:
Just noticed that you haven't entered your domain name in the main settings? Not that I think it can cause the problem...


that's correct observation.. Now i have logged in via my second computer
whith (IE6) which working without any problems on the site.. and made the
changes in the main settings and domain name.. Suspect the host theory

Anybody else use "one.com" webhosting and running fusion 7 and IE7..??

cookies and the cache clean
The official php-fusion.se runs on One. Several of my sites runs on One.

One runs on

Quote

Linux srv71 2.6.18-6-vserver-amd64 #1 SMP Tue Aug 19 05:09:02 UTC 2008 x86_64
First line of the PHPInfo.

Again, even if I do not run v 7 and hardly use IE7, that should not have anything to do with your errors, but the truth is that my IE7 also crashed when logging in to your site.

Quote

Homdax wrote:
The official php-fusion.se runs on One. Several of my sites runs on One.

One runs on

Quote

Linux srv71 2.6.18-6-vserver-amd64 #1 SMP Tue Aug 19 05:09:02 UTC 2008 x86_64
First line of the PHPInfo.

Again, even if I do not run v 7 and hardly use IE7, that should not have anything to do with your errors, but the truth is that my IE7 also crashed when logging in to your site.


Thanks for checking out the site Homdax.. i have Contacted the web host.. with error report.. interesting to see the answer,

this one runs on..
PHP Version 5.2.6 Linux srv14 2.6.18-6-vserver-amd64 #1 SMP
Thread Information
Author
Replies
23 posts
Views
10563 times
Last Post
Last updated on 12 years ago
Related Threads
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot set up a bounty in this discussion thread.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
You cannot up or down-vote on the post in this discussion thread.
Users who participated in discussion: Homdax, Quartzkyte, MrSimple, captain, River66, SiteMaster