Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.

How to remove copyright?

Hi i paid for my to remove copyright but i don't know how to remove it

>Powered by PHP-Fusion copyright © 2002 - 2008 by Nick Jones.
Released as free software without warranties under GNU Affero GPL v3.
Theme designed by Max Toball<

Colud anyone help how to remove it.

thx for ur help much regards
It's in theme.php - most likely in a div named "footer".
THIS IS ONLY FOR THOSE WHO HAVE PAID FOR REMOVAL OF THE COPYRIGHT NOTICE:

In ../includes/theme_functions_include.php find:

function showcopyright($class = ""wink {
$link_class = $class ? " class='$class' " : "";
$res = "Powered by <a href='http://www.php-fusion.co.uk'".$link_class.">PHP-Fusion</a> copyright &copy; 2002 - ".date("Y"wink." by Nick Jones.<br />\n";
$res .= "Released as free software without warranties under <a href='http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/agpl-3.0.html'".$link_class.">GNU Affero GPL</a> v3.\n";
return $res;
}

Change the $res variable to an empty one to completely remove any copyright notice or add your own code.
Hi thx for ur help i've paid already so that's why i want to remove it but i've couldn't recieved any e-mail from php-fusion's licensing to give me the Re: or anything to i improve it i've licence.
@muscapaul: I would not write/publish the code here in the forum. I just would write a email or pm to all people, who have paid for the licence.
I know, that it's easy to remove the copyright, but if you write here a How-to-remove-the-copyright, maybe this is a guilde for some bad people/kidds who only searched for this.
Anyone can simply find out how this works, whether I post it here or not...

muscapaul wrote:
Anyone can simply find out how this works, whether I post it here or not...

It's plastered on the internet, and anyone who knows about Ctrl+F can find the copyright stuff in theme.php, or find what Paul said. So slaughter, as Paul said, it doesn't really make a difference. And besides, if somebody was determined to remove the copyright, they would just keep searching until they find their answer.
Hooray I found it. I finally tripped across this.
Let me make myself perfectly CLEAR. I do not want to remove the license. Recognition where recognition is deserved.
I have always just wanted to find where the license was hidden to add a website copyright instead of where it is in the main settings.
It makes it a lot easier to have each year roll over auto instead of going through all the sites I maintain to update the license years.

Thank you for a great script and all the help from all forums since I started with PHP Fusion.
Thread Information
Author
Replies
9 posts
Views
11,386 times
Last Post
Last updated on 5 years ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot set up a bounty in this discussion thread.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
You cannot up or down-vote on the post in this discussion thread.
Users who participated in discussion: muscapaul, Wooya, Basti, googlebot, atmalikasanli, Bluey100