Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.

Set Notify me when a reply is posted on to automatic

Print Track
Hy,

when someone answers something in a forum the default value for the notifications on answers is not no notify.

is there any way to turn as default to notify on answer?

users should have in their profile options that option too. is there any mod for that?

thanks

7 replies

Nope.
another think I guess that the forum miss is if I answer a topic and not choose to be notified on reply I can only turn notification on if I answer again and select that!

there is no button to press to be notified on replies!

imagine i want to follow a topic but haven't post there yet... :(

0biwan wrote:
another think I guess that the forum miss is if I answer a topic and not choose to be notified on reply I can only turn notification on if I answer again and select that!

there is no button to press to be notified on replies!

imagine i want to follow a topic but haven't post there yet... :(

yes there is
Admin Panel -> System Admin -> Forum Settings -> Enable forum thread notification? <-- set this to yes and there is a link in the upper right corner
thanks a lot! its truth!

now i only miss the option to set default the notification to on
Guys, could u help me? I have "forum thread notification" enabled and cannot find the option, that can switch off sendinding e-mails with forum notifications!
forum/postify.php => comment the code, that compose and send emails (while() with sendemail function) - it placed closed to 100-120 lines of postify.php

0biwan wrote:
Hy,

when someone answers something in a forum the default value for the notifications on answers is not no notify.

is there any way to turn as default to notify on answer?

users should have in their profile options that option too. is there any mod for that?

thanks

Hey I know this is a super old post BUT if you haven't found the answer yet... you can just edit the postnewthread.php and postreply.php... this will change it so it can be default when someone replies or creates a new post. of course its not the best solution because individual users can't select the setting, it will just always be defaultly checked.

in both the postreply.php and postnewthread.php just change:
CodeDownload  
echo "<br />\n<label><input type='checkbox'
name='notify_me' value='1'".$notify_checked." /> ".$locale
['486']."</label>;

to
CodeDownload  
echo "<br />\n<label><input type='checkbox'
name='notify_me' value='1'".$notify_checked." checked /> ".$locale
['486']."</label>;

hopes this helps someone out there.
author 0biwan
forumSite & Forum Issues - 8
replies8 posts
viewed9,318 times
activeLast updated on 9 years ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot set up a bounty in this discussion thread.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
You cannot up or down-vote on the post in this discussion thread.
Users who participated in discussion: muscapaul, SerP, SiteMaster, 0biwan, GMUDuckman