Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.

All 'ā ī ū ē' simbols were replaced by 'Ä“lÄ“Ä'

EDIT: Damn, can't post those. They were ment to be a, e, i ,u with the line above them. Latvian.

After upgrading to 7 whole web went wrong. All 'ā ī ū ē' simbols were replaced by 'Ä“lÄ“Ä' and so on.
Couldn't find the solution the forums. The site is messed up and I must get it up and running as fast as possible.

Thanks.
Can you post a link to site or pm it ?

Probably something with charsets
It seems that something went wrong with sql (database) converting.

Did you make new db for upgrade ?
Verify that both databases use same encoding.

Export/import manuali something (articles or news) from original to new upgraded db.
bad charset import in mysql, maybe ?

Quote

Quartzkyte wrote:
bad charset import in mysql, maybe ?


exactly what i suspect
Both databases are identical and so are the charsets, thats why i'm confused. :/

If I change something manually through phpmyadmin in the db and use those simbols, they appear fine. Problem is somewhere in importing/exporting, but I couldn't find where.
you could try import again - or manualy replace all the "bad" symbols if theres not much articles/news/post ...
Im still having this problem, i was trying to upgrade again but still no luck. I just made export old database and then import, before upgrade everything was okey, no problem with charset and marks, but after i runned upgrade.php and copied new v7 files on server the marks were gone. look http://test.wc3.lv

in the local charset is set to utf-8 like it was on v6.

Please help.
To my knowledge there are no UTF-8 system but for the Polish locales...
No latvian language works with utf-8
www.wc3.lv works with utf-8.
before upgrade all was okey, but when i upgrade newest version everything goes crazy :( http://test.wc3.lv
please someone?
i need solution :|
Sorry, but I see no oth'er solution that destroying the tables and re-importing them with correct charset...
the charset is correct !!!!
omg really no solution? Can php-fusion makers look at this problem please :(
anyone please?
When I have these problems I take a backup from tha cp from your site. Then I go to phpMyAdmin and Import it with the right charaters. Take etc. a look at this thread:
http://www.php-fusion.co.uk/forum/vie...ost_129111

If that won't work I have no other ideas. I have never heard/experinced for my self that it won't work using this methode..
nop didnt helped.
Thread Information
Author
Replies
50 posts
Views
20,064 times
Last Post
Last updated on 11 years ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot set up a bounty in this discussion thread.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
You cannot up or down-vote on the post in this discussion thread.
Users who participated in discussion: Falk, muscapaul, KFJ, tiido, Quartzkyte, smokeman, blackfox101, GnoMs, archeens