Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.

PHPFusion-mods.net - Infusion, mods and support

I wish to introduce people to PHPFusion-mods.net. A highly active PHP-Fusion support site with over 350 V6 downloads and 400 V7 downloads!

Active support is given and 5000 members are already registered, come and check it out!

http://www.phpfusion-mods.net

www.phpfusion-mods.net/images/banner.gif

Diemux wrote:
I wish to introduce people to PHPFusion-mods.net. A highly active PHP-Fusion support site with over 350 V6 downloads and 400 V7 downloads!

Most of which are just harvested from other sites without the authors being asked.
Yes, that is true but their mods/infusions are downloaded more.

I started this site because mods.com wasn't able to show downloads since v7 was introduced. Many people were asking for mods and nobody knew where to get them.

Even now their download db is back online, mods aren't being actively added.

But I ain't here to bash on mods.com, their support is good and they have their own way of doing things.

In the end it all comes down in making PHP-Fusion the best CMS available, I think mods.net is one of the tools to do that as people can find mods/infusions on one central website without having to search hundreds of websites which each got a few mods.
Honestly, i feel a dispute is about to erupt but truthfully speaking from 3rd person perspective if it was to "Post your Site" Diemux is on the right track. And if a disput were to occur, it would be in the wrong place. All in all, Diemux's site has provided phpfusion mod's community a whole lot of benefits to developers. Without his site, I don't think i would be on PHP Fusion anymore.

I dont think a dispute will occur since its freeware, and anybody can create mods and infusions, if anything we should all be grateful to have a big community such as Fusion has to gather different Mod/Infs. off of different sites. !! Dont forget .. NO PHP-Fusion - NO mods.net, mods.com !
Everything that is AGPL or GPL can be freely redistributed. Other licenses shuold be checked before you start re-distributing. I know Diemux has been forthcoming when people asked to remove downloads from his site because they had different licenses.

Several of my own infusions are also on the site. Though I'd prefer people to get them from my own I have made no objected. Usually the best person to ask for support is the developer him(her)self. I simply do not give any support for my own infusions on any other site than my own. I cannot vouch for the support others give.

By the way: my own site for PHP-Fusion infusions and mods: www.muscapaul.com

Most of which are just harvested from other sites without the authors being asked.

This is the kind of attitude that will drive people away from PHP-Fusion. Negative comments for no real reason. How about trying to be constructive? How about taking the time to visit Diemux's site, where you will find a link on every Infusion or Mod saying this "Check if 'Author's name here' has a support forum. Click here." Go check out an active community where people try to help on another. What's so wrong with that?

The fact he offers 'Free Help' to PHP-Fusion users should be applauded and as Paul said 'Everything that is AGPL or GPL can be freely redistributed.'

That's my 2p

Mike
This isn't a "Dispute" ,it's a discussion and if

This is the kind of attitude that will drive people away from PHP-Fusion.
, then the community must be a very sensitive lot.

I don't have a dispute with Diemux, he's a good coder and an active community member. He also leaves copyright and links intact.

The problem with "harvester" sites [and there are many] is that there is often a mad rush to host as many infusions/mods as possible without taking the time to check coding, security, compatibility, validation, etc that the official mods site does. The down side is that new mods are slow to be published. The upside is it's unlikely to cause you problems.

With a huge number of others mods, there's no way to check for upgrades and new versions from the parent site.

If I had a strong objection, I would have asked for my mods to be removed. I haven't. Though, an email would have been nice.

As it's all freeware, everyone is welcome to use and enjoy my mods - some good - some not so. B)

I wish Diemux well with his site, but airing minor gripes and having discussions is good for any project.
There is no dispute :)

I really understand Hobbyman's point of view, it's quite logic. But I find that offering the available downloads from one point is better then offering them on hundreds of websites.

I try to give the authors as many rep as possible by redirecting members with questions to the authors website and by placing as many links to the authors website.

If anyone has more idea's how I could enhance this, or if someone has a comment/suggestion about something else I would gladly hear it!

- So please no more flamewar, people have made their point -
Thread Information
Author
Posted In
Replies
9 posts
Views
2,894 times
Last Post
Last updated on 11 years ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You can upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Users who participated in discussion: muscapaul, wildhaggis, Diemux, HobbyMan, hame, mikeyjai