Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.

HHAVE TO CHECK REMEMEBER ME BOX TO LOG ON

there ya go .. iam not the only one with same issue .. nwo iam nuts hey ....

Attitude only gets anybody that far, I hope we can agree on that.

This system is provided for free, without any warranties whatsoever, we're not obliged to provide anybody with support either, we do support our project and the users, but we do it from a volontary standpoint, as all other Open Sourceproject does.

If that concept is not satisfying, there's always the option to buy a system where you have the right to demand full service.

That's the general idea behind most OS projects, we do support our users when we know the answer and when we have the time. Your particular problem is nothing I've ever come across, but for starters, you give very little information about what you're trying to do, by thge looks of it you're trying to install it locally?

Then, what program are you working with, what settings do you have, if it's a live server, please provide us with a link etc...

If this would have been a very comon error, it would have been fixed, so give as much info as you can and we may be able to help you.

Nuts are nice, btw, I've been playing with mine since I was born!
pm sent keff

and last post b4 keff's .. will thats the thing when things pop up .. program i work for .. we get some suers with issues and some not .. iam sure as i told keff in pm that it or might be a IE issue as i said b4 also i had 12 other folks try it all on IE and xp vista and 2k .. so IE6 to 8 and samething .. yet on here i log in fine ..

so iam at a losse here no clue what to do or where to turn .. fuestraion .. sorry to those who think i was rude .. understand iam burned out .. PF is best i seen and trust me many of many nites i spent tryin them all

and PF7 i stayed with .. why becuse it rocks simple answer ..

no kiss up its button line truth .. its clean fast and nice infusions and does what i need it to do .. heck i even have a voice and cam chat onn my pf7 .. just out right rocks ..

afoster wrote:
Geez, you're saying that this problem is happening to 12 people, yet thousands of others using this CMS are not having this problem. I wonder where the problem is.......

Well I had the same issues and modded the file to have the checkbox checked by default.

Here my solution;

Find file \infusions\user_info_panel\user_info_panel.php
Edit line 37 (make sure it is the right line!)

echo "<input type='checkbox' name='remember_me' value='y' title='".$locale['global_103']."' style='vertical-align:middle;' checked='checked' />\n";

The checked='checked' does the trick!

Wanabo wrote:

afoster wrote:
Geez, you're saying that this problem is happening to 12 people, yet thousands of others using this CMS are not having this problem. I wonder where the problem is.......

Well I had the same issues and modded the file to have the checkbox checked by default.

Here my solution;

Find file \infusions\user_info_panel\user_info_panel.php
Edit line 37 (make sure it is the right line!)

echo "<input type='checkbox' name='remember_me' value='y' title='".$locale['global_103']."' style='vertical-align:middle;' checked='checked' />\n";

The checked='checked' does the trick!

this would be my solution, make it checked by default, then hidden.
my file already says that .. rememebr me is Y already maybe i try N and see

xpftp wrote:
my file already says that .. rememebr me is Y already maybe i try N and see

add the
CodeDownload  
checked='checked' 

to that line as Qwertz wrote, then it will be checked as default
ok my bad lol .. late nites .. added and checked box is checked by defualt .. good work around .. ty ty ..

still wonder what would make it do all this in 1st place ..
as i had said before site been up for a few months .. and out of blue .. and seems ok in Firefox for test but yet IE still issue

PS...
for anyone reading this outside of forums .. and your looking for a CMS .. dont think becuse of some small issues we have here .. that PF7 isnt the best .. i have done try them .. the bigger known ones the M the J the few others cough .. for base line and easy of install and easy of use for starting out for small sites or big sites .. you will NOT and i meen it NOT bet this CMS PF7 rocks ..

all CMS have bugs .. want the one with less bugs .. your in the right spot ..

its lite its fast .. it just down right ROCKS ..
This "bug" has existed for at least 1-2 years, but does not show itself too often, so those that haven't been around for a while haven't seen it.

For some reason it only affects IE. I remember making a fix for V6, but i doubt i still have it. If i remember correctly it has to do with setting the cookie when logging in, but i'm not sure since this was a long time ago.
another methode could be 2 use php session's instead of cookies for login. But keeping the cookies for the remember me function
fetloser
ok how would i set cookies ?? on the board itself? or in IE ?

ytterx
and use php sessions ??
chck some gud site

http://www.destle.com
check some gud site

http://www.destle.com
did you try to upload all the files again?
It happens also to me on only ie6. I have redone the links menu but that has not helped.

xpftp wrote:
fetloser

ytterx
and use php sessions ??

The cookies are stored in IE, but they are generated by php-fusion when you log on.

The php code for login cookie is not the same for "remember me login" and "normal login", and for some reason it bugs out for some sites. I've seen it lots of times. Dating a long time back.

When i fixed it in V6 i just located the code for login cookies in maincore.php and did the normal login like the remember me login, that worked in V6, haven't checked the code in V7 though :)

xpftp wrote:
fetloser

ytterx
and use php sessions ??

The cookies are stored in IE, but they are generated by php-fusion when you log on.

The php code for login cookie is not the same for "remember me login" and "normal login", and for some reason it bugs out for some sites. I've seen it lots of times. Dating a long time back.

When i fixed it in V6 i just located the code for login cookies in maincore.php and did the normal login like the remember me login, that worked in V6, haven't checked the code in V7 though :)

mojkan wrote:
You get the login box but when you log in you just come back to the login box?

Clean cache and delete cookies and press F5.

Thanks for this. I was having the same problem and it worked.

Regards,
Robert
Pret travaux
Thread Information
Author
Replies
37 posts
Views
11,642 times
Last Post
Last updated on 10 years ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot set up a bounty in this discussion thread.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
You cannot up or down-vote on the post in this discussion thread.
Users who participated in discussion: KEFF, Kristian Thorsen, fetloser, Wanabo, kll, xpftp, Ugleh, Basti, afoster, martinde, mojkan, SiteMaster, ytterx, destlecare2, pudsey, idevelop, robert09