Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Navigation

migrate v7 to a new server

Last updated on 11 years ago
K
kevin_h
Posted 11 years ago
hello, i tried searching on moving and migrate, but found bad links to articles on how to do this. How do I move my v7 site to another server. Fresh install, import the database from an export via the Admin panel on the original? I am sure there is more, any link or docs I am missing on how to do this?

thanks. -Kevin
hamehame
Posted 11 years ago
Do a backup of your files through the admin panel plus if possible run a backup through your current phpMyAdmin. Make sure when you switch hosts that your database name and prefix match so that you dont have problems when running the restore.

DISABEL ALL INFUSIONS also try to get rid of all Mods since they might cause errors when uploading Fusion again. The more original the files are the better and easier the movie will be

Also might i suggest searching the Forum for a more detailed way of doing it since im just trying to give you a general idea. This Forum is full of information regarding Upgrades and Server Moves. - Good Luck hope it works well for you.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
You cannot up or down-vote on the post in this discussion thread.
You cannot set up a bounty in this discussion thread.
Moderator: Support Team
Users who participated in discussion: hame, kevin_h,