Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.

Maybe it's time to change WYSIWIG editor?

Hello :)
I'm thinking that it is already time to change WYSIWIG editor =)
For example http://ckeditor.com/demo is light and fast editor (in my opinion is better than TinyMCE)
And CKEditor got nicer interface than TinyMCE :]

What do You think?
I think Its Very Good Editor ...

What If they Put the 2 Editors .. and we Can Choose between them ....
Ckeditor is better by far !!!
Yeah But We want At least Some Answers from the Admins ...

how to Integrate it a l Least ....

thanks ...
All the languge support in it is just much better there.
OK ! I've tested the Basic Use of CKEDITOR and its Implementation in the News !

Please Follow the Instructions carefully !

Implementing CKeditor into the PHP-Fusion using TEXTAREA only

1. Download the CK Editor Archive from http://ckeditor.com/download and extract it.

2. Copy the folder ckeditor into your \includes\jscripts\.

Example:- Implementing it for Admin Panel --> News

1. Backup your \administration\news.php and edit the original file.

Find this Code in the file :
[syntaxhighlighter brush=html,first-line=1,highlight=0,collapse=false,html-script=false]<textarea name='body' cols='95' rows='10' class='textbox' style='width:98%'>[/syntaxhighlighter]
and Replace it with :
[syntaxhighlighter brush=html,first-line=1,highlight=0,collapse=false,html-script=false]<textarea id='theckeditor1' name='body' cols='95' rows='10' class='textbox' style='width:98%'>[/syntaxhighlighter]
Now find for this Line :
[syntaxhighlighter brush=html,first-line=1,highlight=0,collapse=false,html-script=false]<textarea name='body2' cols='95' rows='10' class='textbox' style='width:98%'>[/syntaxhighlighter]
And replace it with :
[syntaxhighlighter brush=html,first-line=1,highlight=0,collapse=false,html-script=false]<textarea name='body2' id='theckeditor2' cols='95' rows='10' class='textbox' style='width:98%'>[/syntaxhighlighter]

Now, at the Top of the file, you will Find this Line :
[syntaxhighlighter brush=php,first-line=1,highlight=0,collapse=false,html-script=false]echo "<script language='javascript' type='text/javascript'>advanced();</script>\n";[/syntaxhighlighter]
Change it to :
[syntaxhighlighter brush=php,first-line=1,highlight=0,collapse=false,html-script=false]//echo "<script language='javascript' type='text/javascript'>advanced();</script>\n";
add_to_head("<script type='text/javascript' src='".INCLUDES."jscripts/ckeditor/ckeditor.js'></script>"wink;
add_to_head("<script type='text/javascript'>
window.onload = function()
{
CKEDITOR.replace('theckeditor1'wink;
CKEDITOR.replace('theckeditor2'wink;
};
</script>"wink;[/syntaxhighlighter]

DONE !!! SAVE THE FILE AND TEST IT !!! :-)

And yeah ! You can post this Feature for having options between TinyMCE and CKeditor at the Dev Site as a Roadmap !

Ankur wrote:

1. Download the CK Editor Archive from http://ckeditor.com/download and extract it.

[syntaxhighlighter brush=html,first-line=1,highlight=0,collapse=false,html-script=false]<textarea name='body' cols='95' rows='10' class='textbox' style='width:98%'>[/syntaxhighlighter]
and Replace it with :
[syntaxhighlighter brush=html,first-line=1,highlight=0,collapse=false,html-script=false]<textarea id='theckeditor1' name='body' cols='95' rows='10' class='textbox' style='width:98%'>[/syntaxhighlighter]
Now find for this Line :
[syntaxhighlighter brush=html,first-line=1,highlight=0,collapse=false,html-script=false]<textarea name='body2' cols='95' rows='10' class='textbox' style='width:98%'>[/syntaxhighlighter]
And replace it with :
[syntaxhighlighter brush=html,first-line=1,highlight=0,collapse=false,html-script=false]<textarea name='body2' id='theckeditor2' cols='95' rows='10' class='textbox' style='width:98%'>[/syntaxhighlighter]

[syntaxhighlighter brush=php,first-line=1,highlight=0,collapse=false,html-script=false]echo "<script language='javascript' type='text/javascript'>advanced();</script>\n";[/syntaxhighlighter]
Change it to :
[syntaxhighlighter brush=php,first-line=1,highlight=0,collapse=false,html-script=false]//echo "<script language='javascript' type='text/javascript'>advanced();</script>\n";
add_to_head("<script type='text/javascript' src='".INCLUDES."jscripts/ckeditor/ckeditor.js'></script>");
{
CKEDITOR.replace('theckeditor1');
CKEDITOR.replace('theckeditor2');
};
</script>");[/syntaxhighlighter]

And yeah ! You can post this Feature for having options between TinyMCE and CKeditor at the Dev Site as a Roadmap !

thank you Very Much ...

You are the Fastest Support I have Ever seen ...

thanks I Will Try and talk to you ...

I have bug in the tinymce ... I will Show it to you ....
if it works I will make a button to Switch between them ...

thanks Again ...

Ankur wrote:

and Replace it with :
Now find for this Line :
And replace it with :

Change it to :
add_to_head("<script type='text/javascript' src='".INCLUDES."jscripts/ckeditor/ckeditor.js'></script>");
{
CKEDITOR.replace('theckeditor1');
CKEDITOR.replace('theckeditor2');
};
</script>");[/syntaxhighlighter]

Damnit man! You are quick. Thank you so much.
Nice !!! :)

The same way you can do for the articles... ;)
and the Same for non-Admin News and Articles ....

this is Very Nice ....
A long while ago, i installed CKEditor into PHP-Fusion. Since then, i've actually released the mod i did on here. take a look:

http://www.php-fusion.co.uk/infusions/addondb/view.php?addon_id=344

What i've done is similar to the process shown above, but i've made a few adjustments (mostly security-based, as i thought that members shouldn't need to have access to iframes and a few other features that would break php-fusion)
I have to agree that it is needing a much needed revamp to keep up with the better software available in the market. The editor is just easier to get used to and handle at that. I think that the cast language works in no way but an advantage to those who are using them. I have tried other editors but not in conjunct with this and they are not living up to expectations unlike CKeditor. Good thing there is an available support right away.
Thread Information
Author
Replies
12 posts
Views
3851 times
Last Post
Last updated on 9 years ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot set up a bounty in this discussion thread.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
You cannot up or down-vote on the post in this discussion thread.
Users who participated in discussion: HaWaN, Jack Daniels, Ankur, Lan Hekary, spyrou, TheDarkAce, bobdez