Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.

Can someone Really help me and explain totally, totally everything about PHP-Fusion ???

Hi !!

My fiend is using php-fusion and he's got really nice website, so I decided to make a website using php-fusion. But there I've get a big trouble. I totally don't understand :| (I have not bad HTML experience ) Before I didn't face such things as php-fusion or jombla , so can someone explain me everything from total 0. Sorry guys if thread like this already exists, I didn't had enough time to check it is if it exists.

Admin Edit:
Thread Subject Changed by F_C - Removed CAPS
Poll Removed by F_C - It has no relevence to this thread.
The best place to start is Download the PHP-Fusion 7 Manual that has everything you need to know.

[PHP-Fusion 7 Manual]

dj-nts LTU wrote:
I didn't had enough time to check it is if it exists.

If you can't be bothered taking the time to make use of all the help that is available on this site, why should anyone take the time to help with an extremely vague request.

If you really want your problem solved, explain in detail and exactly what your problem is.

HobbyMan wrote:

dj-nts LTU wrote:
I didn't had enough time to check it is if it exists.

If you can't be bothered taking the time to make use of all the help that is available on this site, why should anyone take the time to help with an extremely vague request.

If you really want your problem solved, explain in detail and exactly what your problem is.

First, I've been almost sleeping then I did wrote that post. Second of all, I didn't had a chance to work, with thing as PHP-FUSION, So I need to learn absolutely everything about it.

I already do know that I have to download some sort of file, and after that full stop. I'm green about those things.
So, I don't know absolutely anything about PHP-FUSION, and I need to get MS word file book with all instructions. (MS word because it's easies app to use :) )

ps. I'll read that PDF file afterwood, because I have to install newier version, of Adobe Reader :|
1. You don't have to use Adobe Reader. Use light-weight apps like Foxit Reader. Just a few MBs and I'm satisfied with it. Plus it's free.

2. Try installing one PHP Fusion on your local machine so that you can explore the functions on your own. Or, you might wanna go to opensourcecms.com. There, you can find a demo PHP fusion that you can use as an alternative.

p/s: PDF is more preferrable and is a common standard when it comes to distributing handbook on the Internet, and one of the main reasons is, layout of a PDF document stays the same on all platform or machines, unlike Microsoft Word documents.

why should anyone take the time to help with an extremely vague request.

@HobbyMan: you are evil. :P

@dj-nts LTU: Look at
W3Schools
html from scratch

ps. I'll read that PDF file afterwood, because I have to install newier version, of Adobe Reader

Ps.: You use Internet Explorer 6 right? :O

No more. :)
Anyway, I still find that the best way to learn PHP Fusion is not through books, but to learn through experience, that is, install a copy of PHP fusion in your local machine and start exploring everything on your own.

Secondly, learn PHP, MYSQL, HTML, and CSS. that way, you can customize your copy of PHP Fusion on your own and you just go to MODS site or THEME site to ask for questions if in case you're stuck.

I don't read any manual regarding PHP Fusion. I just learn it through observation :D
I've already told ya that I do understand HTML but I don't get how to install it. I've get that PHP-Fusion file, and I don't get how to work with it.
Splash - I don't use IE6, I'm using Mozzila FireFox, Flock and Safari.

afif - Adobe Reader is already is in my pc and only thing I had to do is, to renew it, so why I should download other app.
You just need to upload everything in the /php-files folder and point your browser to where you have uploaded it.

then a setup for PHP Fusion will automatically appear, and just follow the instructions and you're done.

p/s: I recommend you using Foxit Reader is because it's smaller, faster and lighter compared to Adobe Reader. You're not editing or making a PDF. you just wanna read it. still, it's just a recommendation. you can use whatever you want. sometimes, do use photoshop, will ya?
afif - Ok, I'll do it, then I'll got holiday or something, 'cause I can't work properly now, because of the school :|

ps. I think I'll need Adobe Reader in the matter of time so I still keeping it :P , and I still don't know about Adobe PS, 'cause I don't have that much time to practice drawing stuff :P Maybe later ... :)
lol.. when i say do use photoshop i was just being sarcastic ==".. good luck then. you can always PM me if you wanna ask anything
Ok I'll start doing PHP-Fusion stuff later so you'll be my little helper then :D /joke/
So, you have a website and you uploading stuff like forums and stuff ? Or I still got it wrong ?

And by the way, where I could get Free Hosting Provider that gives you MySQL DB's and stuff and let's you install PHP-Fusion thing ?

'Cause I don't wanna waste my money for the thing I don't know do will like it. :)
dJ-nTs, I recommend you install webserver on your computer. That way, you can try PHP Fusion (or any other PHP scripts / CMS you like) on your PC locally without having to use the internet and that way, you don't have to spend your money..

So, download a software named XAMPPserver (google it and you will find it) and install it on your machine. Just follow the instructions given by the software. When you've finished installing, download PHP fusion and put it in a folder named Fusion in the /htdocs/ folder found in your XAMPP installation folder. Go to your web browser and point it to http://localhost/Fusion. (The colored part is to be changed by you according to the name of the folder where you stored PHP fusion 7 earlier.)

Good luck.
However if you are less technically minded you might just be quicker getting a free host, set up PHP-Fusion and viola your on your way.

Enjoy have a nice day.
I don't wanna put lots of files on my PC, it's already full I've got only 1GB free space left... so I'm trying to do everything in the Net.

But the main point is that I want find web - hosting provider that offers Easy script installation (Sorry if I've spelled it wrong) with PHP-Fusion in the list. That what Vista Panel does, but it doesn't provide PHP-Fusion :| , So what I going to say is that I don't wanna work in my PC, I'd better get a internet website making than inside app and stuff. So.... I'll wait suggestions :) I hope my quest is available, but if it's not, just say it to me :)
Well if you cant be bothered even trying to install it why should anyone bother to help you.
People have tried to help you but to me it looks like you really really cant be bothered.

By the way im curious to know whats your site for?
1 GB free space left? Wow. What the heck in the world did you put in your computer?

Anyways, you want to have a good website then you have to work hard for it. There's never a shortcut to success. If you don't even want to learn how to install it then how are you going to make your website better? We can't help you if you're not helping yourself.
After long time, I've came back, and with really more experience. So I've installed Php-Fusion, and now once I try to accsess my site it shows setup page. And now my actual question is, can someone explain detailed what to fill in these textboxes:

Database Name: "do you have to use db username before actual db name or not etc."

Table Prefix: "as default it says fusion_ , but do you have to change it and so on..?"

Database Hostname: "what actually info do you put."

So basically, I've done most of my requires at the moment and I just need some help at the end, because of `silly` questions.. Thanks

PS. Answer as quick as you can :) and thanks 1 more time.
Thread Information
Author
Posted In
Replies
26 posts
Views
6,550 times
Last Post
Last updated on 9 years ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot edit the poll in this discussion thread.
You cannot vote on the poll in this discussion thread.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Users who participated in discussion: Craig, afif, HobbyMan, Splash, wantp, dJ-nTs, php_man