Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.

How to add my site at google?

Please can somebody tell me how to add my website to search engines like Google? Thanks!
I can add my site only with this method? I have site + forum ..
Your site will get trawled by google and all the other search bots even if you do nothing.
I have my site more than 1 year but is not on google enginee.. Why is this happening ?

Memberz wrote:
I have my site more than 1 year but is not on google enginee.. Why is this happening ?

Do you mean you have a domain name registered? Or do you have an actual website being hosted and is up and running?

If the website is up and you have any sort of content on it, even just a single page it would have been indexed by google. Try typing the following into the google search:

site:abc.com

of course replace abc by your domain name and if need be add any necessary characters after .com, such as .au, .ca, etc, etc.
Post your website link here in this thread. Google will find it and index it.

wanabo wrote:
Post your website link here in this thread. Google will find it and index it.

He'd better not, since that's not what this forum is for. The OP is free to post it in the 'Post Your Site' forum.

By the way, this is the worst way of making your web site known. You can submit your web site to Google. Just Google 'submit website to google' and you'll find everything you need.
How long does it usually take google to crawl a new site and get it indexed?
It shouldn't take more than a few days or a week for google to index a brand new site.
If you're in a big hurry you can try this...
go to ismysiteindexed.com
enter your new site
now take the resulting url from your submission
go to pingomatic
enter that url from ismysite... into pingomatic
submit

kpelephant wrote:
It shouldn't take more than a few days or a week for google to index a brand new site.
If you're in a big hurry you can try this...
go to ismysiteindexed.com
enter your new site

Yes, ismysiteindexed.com is a very effective site for getting indexed fast.

Apparently another way is to go to Google's keyword tool: https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal
and put your domain name in the Website box. You are then sending Google to look at your site. I have not tried this method myself. Has any one else?
I found that when I really put effort into my sitemap and submitting it to google via the google webmaster tools, my site rank jumped a significant amount.
You can create an RSS feed for your site on icerocket.com
thats a good way to create links and get your site seen by google.
If you really want to make sure that Google finds your website. Sign up for Hubpages.com, write an article, they will let you link back to your site. Hupages are indexed by Google within a day.
You really need to learn some really basic basic SEO.
It'll answer all your questions. Especially if your site is that old and still hasn't been indexed...
could mean that google didn't like your site and deindexed your site a LONG time ago or your site isn't properly set up.

Do some pinging with some free ping sites and do some basic SEO stuff to get yourself ranked.

If your site has been deindexed (meaning you did everything in your power to learn some SEO and tried everything to get your site indexed, but google still doesn't acknowledge it - or it did at one point and hated your site), you need to make a new one.

It's a tough life. Best of luck

simonwa wrote:
You can create an RSS feed for your site on icerocket.com
thats a good way to create links and get your site seen by google.

Sorry to take the thread a little of topic but how do RSS feeds help a site get indexed. Sorry if this seems dumb.
google creates page ranks (sort of) based on links TO your site. creating an RSS feed on icerocket.com will increase the links to your site based on how many updates you make to your site. Though i may be wrong i believe google's page rank is based on how many DIFFERENT websites link to your site... so i'm not sure if icerocket.com will do you much good.
Quickest way to get indexed is to let the google bots find your site through backlinks from other sites. The way i'd suggest you get the backlinks is by submitting articles in the article directories with a link to your website in the biobox
pinging your site when your content changes helps too (unless it's a blog on wordpress as it does it automatically). And, as was already mentioned, backlinks from other sites and a sitemap will help too. It shouldn't take long to get your site indexed.
Thread Information
Author
Replies
31 posts
Views
13,139 times
Last Post
Last updated on 9 years ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot set up a bounty in this discussion thread.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
You cannot up or down-vote on the post in this discussion thread.