Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.

Theme incomplete?

To be honest smokeman that was a bit rude to say that.
Well - so let me be honest - still without being rude: I said that maybe you can't code correct. If that wasn't the truth I can't see why you're asking for help then...
What I meant was I can code ordinary HTML and CSS sites with PHP that is not a PHP Fusion Theme. I have coded a PHP Fusion theme correctly before, but I can't work out what is work with this one.

And people have to start somewhere.

smokeman wrote:
Well - so let me be honest - still without being rude: I said that maybe you can't code correct. If that wasn't the truth I can't see why you're asking for help then...

@JakeSully - You must admit, that Smokeman has a very good point here. And he's only trying to help you guys. I think you just misunderstood him: He tryed to assist you, but honestly told you, that he didn't want to go on with this - I guess it's because of the big amount of (boring) rutine code clean up, that takes much more, than just a few adjustments. ;)

BTW: If you have a PHP-Fusion site up and running, you can test if your theme is W3C valid! Look at this little guide I made about, how to validate your theme: http://www.php-fusion.co.uk/forum/vie...d_id=27383 B)
its not that its how he said that my friend can't code or so :/ that was a bit rude to say.
No, it's not!
Again: I said that: "if you can't code correct..." - I did not say that you can't code. ;)

And as I can see on your coding (in your theme) - you can't code it correct. Not just the W3C-part of coding - but the PHP-coding had a lot of errors too.

It's just the truth m8 - I'm not meaning this in a bad way at all. But you're taking it too hard friend.
But that why I started this thread, so I can get help, but because I can't understand what I did wrong since I made a PHP Fusion theme before that worked and this one won't work right.

I'm sure Matonar or Philip didn't start off knowing how to work theme making perfectly. And sorry if I got the wrong end of the stick.

Anyway, I got it working. ;)
Don't worry - be happy! :)
Thread Information
Posted In
Replies
29 posts
Views
10,520 times
Last Post
Last updated on 9 years ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot set up a bounty in this discussion thread.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
You cannot up or down-vote on the post in this discussion thread.
Users who participated in discussion: smokeman, Harly, Cookie Monster, Rolf Mayer, JakeSully