Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.

Rotating Panels

So you're saying that I'm not going to be able to get the panels to rotate? Well it was a good idea at least.
Not with a purely virtual panels solution when the panels to be rotated are data access. But how would we have known without having tried it?
Good point. As far as I know there is no way to use html files to pull data from a database without using php, correct?
Well, that's another idea--make a php script to dynamically create html files from the database. There are lots of examples of how to do that.

OR
just load your data access php files standalone in the browser, save them as html and upload those files.
I've actually tried loading the random_panel.php file as a standalone in the browser and it is still only displaying the code, not the data. I don't know what to do at this point.

Merged on May 04 2011 at 09:29:42:
Would the Rotating Banner infusion/mod work for what i am trying to do or is it just image related?
I know this is an older thread but I had to change the backward slashes \\ to forward slashes // and the random_panel.php works just fine.
CodeDownload  
<?php
$INC_DIR = $_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"];

$mypages = array(
$INC_DIR."//infusions//member_poll_panel//member_poll_panel.php",
$INC_DIR."//infusions//latest_articles_panel//latest_articles_panel.php");

$myrandompage = $mypages[mt_rand(0, count($mypages) -1)];
$bmyrandompage = $mypages[mt_rand(0, count($mypages) -1)];
$cmyrandompage = $mypages[mt_rand(0, count($mypages) -1)];
include ($myrandompage);
include ($bmyrandompage);
include ($cmyrandompage);
?>

Thread Information
Author
Replies
46 posts
Views
9494 times
Last Post
Last updated on 7 years ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot set up a bounty in this discussion thread.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
You cannot up or down-vote on the post in this discussion thread.
Users who participated in discussion: Joe Kriz, Craig, smokeman, afoster, ImproperUsername