Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.

News vs Admin

Hello everyone!

I wish I had your help as I have on my site where the category of news station every day, but wanted to have another member to help me but that he must be an administrator and did not want that, is there any way to fix it?

That is power psot news without having to be so even with administrator permission for news, have a different stqatus

http://www.dragao-azul.com/portal/news.php
That's what /submit.php?stype=n is for.

Else only Admins can submit news if they have the rights.
If you can trust the guy to post live news then surely you can trust him as an Admin. Just give him rights for news only!
thanks!

Yes the question is not the confidence but the status that appears in the forum, because everyone here are a etmpo administrators

I wonder if there's any way to be administrator and have another status
Locale/English/global.php

Change this to what you want...

CodeDownload  
$locale['user2'] = "Administrator";
$locale['user3'] = "Super Administrator";

Or maybee you mean Forum Ranks

Admin >>> System>> Forum Ranks

Admin >>> Users >>> Forum Ranks
thanks, ams do not think I understood what it could give the member a chance to post news that does not appear and the status of administrator!

I also understand I may be wrong!
is the admin and superadmin different? just thinking.

andreawoods123 wrote:

is the admin and superadmin different? just thinking.

Super-Administrator can make other Super-Administrators but Administrator cannot make anyone a Super-Administrator :P
He is limited to Administrator only.
So I put two Super administrator?
then put the rank of admin under another name
No make an Administrator then Edit his rights and give him rights to what you want this admin to be able to do in the Admin area ie. News.

Play with it you will work it out its not really hard.
yes but this is already done!

The question is not displayed the rank of director, since he only put the news and why not and admin
By the way, you can do a Trick by editing a maincore.php function which will Show the Administrators as a Member to the other Members of your Website and to the Guest/Visitors. But, to the there Admins, it will show him as Admin.

Remember : This Applies to all Members with Administrators Rank.

However, for doing these kinda things and for the Helping Hands, you have to Trust on the Trust in this Virtual world... smile
By the way, it is not a Big Deal for making him an Admin according to me... cool

Keep a Copy of your original maincore.php as Backup and Open your maincore.php :
Find for :
[syntaxhighlighter brush=php,first-line=1,highlight=0,collapse=false,html-script=false]// Display the user's level
function getuserlevel($userlevel) {
global $locale;
if ($userlevel == 101) { return $locale['user1'];
} elseif ($userlevel == 102) { return $locale['user2'];
} elseif ($userlevel == 103) { return $locale['user3']; }
}[/syntaxhighlighter]

Change it to :
[syntaxhighlighter brush=php,first-line=1,highlight=0,collapse=false,html-script=false]// Display the user's level
function getuserlevel($userlevel) {
global $locale, $userdata;
if ($userlevel == 101) { return $locale['user1'];
} elseif ($userlevel == 102) { if (($userdata['user_level'] == 101) || iGUEST) { return $locale['user1']; } else { return $locale['user2']; }
} elseif ($userlevel == 103) { return $locale['user3']; }
}[/syntaxhighlighter]

Done ! You will be able to see him as Member. Try by visiting his profile as a Guest...!
resolved , thanks all !

But I have another question, h'alguma way to have some mod or anything after retrieval may have links in this reply system?:P
Thread Information
Author
Replies
13 posts
Views
3646 times
Last Post
Last updated on 9 years ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot set up a bounty in this discussion thread.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
You cannot up or down-vote on the post in this discussion thread.
Users who participated in discussion: Craig, HobbyMan, Ankur, DragaoAzul, andreawoods123