Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.

Ajax shoutbox-mod - for v 7.02.x

Getting an error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_substr() in /xxx/xxx/public_html/infusions/shoutbox_panel/ash.php on line 80
http://php.net/manual/en/function.mb-substr.php
(PHP 4 >= 4.0.6, PHP 5)

Ask your host kindly upgrade to at least 4.3 or please get a professional hosting at our recommended server provider A2 just to put all the headache away once and for all for the same amount of cost.

Regards.
The PHP version on my server is 5.4.29 and thank you for the recommendation of A2 hosting, but I prefer not to switch hosting companies.

http://php.net/manual/en/function.mb-substr.php
(PHP 4 >= 4.0.6, PHP 5)

Ask your host kindly upgrade to at least 4.3 or please get a professional hosting at our recommended server provider A2 just to put all the headache away once and for all for the same amount of cost.

Regards.
- by hien
You will get that error also with the Standard shoutbox since it uses the same code for the shoutbox wrap. Yes? ;)
Error Resolved... all I had to do was enable Mbstring in my PHP configuration. It was disabled.
:G
Perhaps one thing:

I want this to be added as center panel but the structure of the shoutbox doesn't fit.
Is it possible to shout without refreshing the page aswell?
The shouts posted aren't showing up. Any idea what would cause this?
I have always loved the Ajax Shoutbox for PHP-Fusion and now it looks like it won't work on PHP-Fusion 9. Any plans to update the Ajax Shoutbox so that it works with version 9? I am going to miss it if it doesn't get updated and I can't get it fixed. angry I am going to mess with it a bit and see if I can get it to work.
Thread Information
Author
Replies
89 posts
Views
46,013 times
Last Post
Last updated on 8 months ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot set up a bounty in this discussion thread.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
You cannot up or down-vote on the post in this discussion thread.