Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.

[ADDON] Facebook Login/Register System

www.phpfusionmods.com/downloads/images/facebookcon.jpg

Greetings,

Well fusioneers, please before reading anymore, do not hound me about this. It will be released very soon.

Anyways, I've successfully coded a Facebook login system in which you can bypass the current PHP-Fusion system and login instantly using your Facebook account.

No core files are edited.

Coded for PHP-Fusion v7.02.03 (may work on lower)

O.k., now as this is an open testing forum, I need you to go test out the addon and report any problems or offer suggestions.

Visit: PHPFusionMods.com and click the Login with facebook button.

I'm not going to tell you exactly how to login as part of a "dummies" test to ensure it's not hard to figure out. (:p).

Everything should be explanatory throughout the process, if its not changes must be made.

Thanks and Enjoy!

-NetriX

UPDATE::

This addon is now available. Download @ PHPFusionMods.com

Account connection not found, could not login.

Account connection not found, could not login.

Your currently logged into your Facebook account, however, no accounts registered here are connected to your Facebook.

Please login/register and re-visit this page to connect your account.

Updated to clarify.
Ah, so you're just logging in, not registering new Accounts that way :-)
Got this message:

Your currently not logged into Facebook, please click the button above to login and connect your account.
But I'm connected to facebook!

Matonor wrote:

Ah, so you're just logging in, not registering new Accounts that way :-)

As of this post, no. However, it will be the implemented tomorrow as I need to sleep right now.

Ypsilon wrote:

Got this message:

Your currently not logged into Facebook, please click the button above to login and connect your account.
But I'm connected to facebook!

I'll look into it, all is fine over here. Try logging out of facebook and login from the connect.php page and post your results.

P.S. If you receive that message and are logged into Facebook, click the login to facebook button and it should ask for Permissions. Of course you need to then allow the App to obtain your basic information. That should solve your problem.

Plus, follow this.

Ah, ok. It works now. Thanks.
It will only Login you to the Site using Facebook, but will not register. We need to register first and then connect that account to our Facebook account first ? Please correct me if I do not get it properly :|
@Ankur - lol, no need to be :|. As this is an open "testing" forum I'm currently only asking for testing to ensure the login goes smoothly. This also covers the fact that the addon is not yet finished.

For now, existing users can login and connect there Facebook accounts. Once connected, they can just login using the facebook button.

As stated above, the registration system will be available very soon. I've only been working on this for about 30 minutes. I'll let you all know soon as the registration system is open using Facebook.

Cheers. B)

UPDATE: Registration with Facebook now working! Please test again. :)
NetriX attached the following file:
face.jpg [54.48kB / 55 Downloads]
Hi Netrix,

please give facebook login from your site http://www.phpfusionmods.com
very thanks
Where is the Facebook addon by the way, I couldnt found it???
here it is
Structor attached the following file:
facebookconnect_13-phpfusionmodscom.zip [21.6kB / 793 Downloads]
Hi Structor, Thanks for posting the Facebook add on, but how to install this, i just copied the 2 files to my infusions directory. then what to do now...
I followed the instructions, but somethings seems wrong.
When I press the 'Login with Facebook'-button I 's getting the facebook-page asking me for permission to acces my basic information. When I press the 'Allow' button the page just won't go any further. Tried this a couple of times and nothing is happening...

When, afterwards, I press again on the 'login with facebook'-button on my testsite, nothing happens at all ...

dusk wrote:

I followed the instructions, but somethings seems wrong.
When I press the 'Login with Facebook'-button I 's getting the facebook-page asking me for permission to acces my basic information. When I press the 'Allow' button the page just won't go any further. Tried this a couple of times and nothing is happening...

When, afterwards, I press again on the 'login with facebook'-button on my testsite, nothing happens at all ...

A live example would be helpful. Just ensure your application ID is set correctly and it should work.

If you receive a redirect loop, I'm afraid I can only provide minor suggestions that probably will not help you as it pertains to issues within the API that I have no control over.

Worked fine for me and various others who provided feedback so I can only assume the same that it should for you.

Best,
NetriX
Could be for a number of reasons:

1: The addon only works for PHP-Fusion 7.02.03.
2. The user in question must know how to setup a Facebook Developer's account correctly.
3. The Correct changes must be made in relation to there Facebook Developer information.
4. The latest version was 1.5 which addressed some bugs. The latest version attached here is 1.3.
5. The script requires you alter the user table of your database.
6. You must have CURL extension enabled in your PHP settings.

I don't recall having a tutorial included within the addon because it was not planned for release so soon as I was working on it still. So the chances that you have it installed correctly are slim, actually. (The installation tutorial was hosted on my website)

All a part of AGPL code being released as is. I'm not at warranty for it. I can only provide support so far for an infusion that is for testing.

However, there are several websites in which have installed this script correctly so I can vouch that it does in fact work.

I'm trying to keep support for this addon out of my email inbox and off other websites. If your having issues, post it here in detail.
Thanx for your reply NetriX

[quote]

Could be for a number of reasons:

1: The addon only works for PHP-Fusion 7.02.03. <-- check
2. The user in question must know how to setup a Facebook Developer's account correctly. <--- I followed the instructions on HaYaleT's site, wich was allready mentioned some post before. ALtough I heve to say that not everysting seems to be the same when I follow the steps. But I have the appID and the secret code, and I did setup the domain and siteaddress where my site is running from...

3. The Correct changes must be made in relation to there Facebook Developer information. <--- maybe somewhat more clearity about this point?

4. The latest version was 1.5 which addressed some bugs. The latest version attached here is 1.3. <--- I did use v1.3 attached here by HaYaleT some posts ago, your website was offline so I had to use that attachement. Can you attach the latest version here please?

5. The script requires you alter the user table of your database. <--- Do you mean by this running the install.php ? Or does something else has to be done in the original user-table of php-fusion?

6. You must have CURL extension enabled in your PHP settings. <--- php-info returns me that curl and json heve been installed and enabled within php.
[quote]

To recall the error : when i click on the facebook-login button it goes to facebook and there I'm asked if I want to give permission to the app for using my general info and emailadress. When Allow-button is clicked, the page keeps on loading and nothing else happens any further. When I go to my facebookaccount it shows me that I've granted the app the permission. When I then press the facebook-login button on my page, nothing happens. It looks a bit like facebook gets stuck when coonnecting to the connect.php file...

Again thanx for any help!!

( btw I'm testing this mod on : http://www.mythic-chats.com/testsite/ )
@Dusk:

This issue will be investigated and I'll post back. It's a redirect loop problem..

I'll post back with results soon.

This is however, a common problem within the API of the script and not the portion that I coded as I've seen others seeking support for this via the API's source.

Edit:

Have you followed this correctly?

http://translate.google.com/translate...wstart%3D0
Thread Information
Author
Replies
49 posts
Views
31,627 times
Last Post
Last updated on 6 years ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot set up a bounty in this discussion thread.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
You cannot up or down-vote on the post in this discussion thread.