Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.

How to change news categories to articles categories in news?

how to remove it?

iv.pl/images/43858956894637365626.jpg

Theme: iTheme2
Look in the iTheme2 folder, search for theme.php, open it and search for "fuction render_news", there is your answer.

Good luck!
I have one more question. How change news categories to articles categories here:

iv.pl/images/09764568705397730011.jpg ?

Which lines do I need to change?

CodeDownload  
}

function render_news($subject, $news, $info) {
   global $locale, $settings;
   $subject = strip_tags($subject);
   echo "<div class='post'>\n";
      echo "<p class='post-date'>\n";
         echo "<span class='month'>".showdate("%b", $info['news_date'])."</span>\n";
         echo "<span class='day'>".showdate("%d", $info['news_date'])."</span>\n";
         echo "<span class='year'>".showdate("%Y", $info['news_date'])."</span>\n";
      echo "</p>\n";
      echo "<h2 class='post-title'><a href='".FUSION_SELF."?readmore=".$info['news_id']."'>".$subject."</a></h2>\n";
      echo "<p class='post-meta'>".$locale['global_070'].profile_link($info['user_id'], $info['user_name'], $info['user_status'])." • ".articlescat($info);
      if ($info['news_allow_comments'] && $settings['comments_enabled'] == "1") echo "<span class='post-comments'><a href='".FUSION_SELF."?readmore=".$info['news_id']."#comments'>".$info['news_comments']."</a></span>\n";
      echo "</p>\n";
      echo $news;
   echo "</div>\n";
}

Please help.
Try commenting out the lines as I did below:

[syntaxhighlighter brush=php,first-line=1,highlight=0,collapse=false,html-script=false]function render_news($subject, $news, $info) {
// echo "<p class='post-date'>\n";
// echo "<span class='month'>".showdate("%b", $info['news_date'])."</span>\n";
// echo "<span class='day'>".showdate("%d", $info['news_date'])."</span>\n";
// echo "<span class='year'>".showdate("%Y", $info['news_date'])."</span>\n";
// echo "</p>\n";
echo "<h2 class='post-title'><a href='".FUSION_SELF."?readmore=".$info['news_id']."'>".$subject."</a></h2>\n";
// echo "<p class='post-meta'>".$locale['global_070'].profile_link($info['user_id'], $info['user_name'], $info['user_status'])." • ".articlescat($info);
if ($info['news_allow_comments'] && $settings['comments_enabled'] == "1"wink echo "<span class='post-comments'><a href='".FUSION_SELF."?readmore=".$info['news_id']."#comments'>".$info['news_comments']."</a></span>\n";
echo "</p>\n";
echo $news;
echo "</div>\n";
}[/syntaxhighlighter]
Could you tell me how change news categories to articles categories?

I want there to be categories of articles here:
iv.pl/images/09764568705397730011.jpg
How can I replace it?

CodeDownload  
}

function render_news($subject, $news, $info) {
      echo "<p class='post-date'>\n";
         echo "<span class='month'>".showdate("%b", $info['news_date'])."</span>\n";
         echo "<span class='day'>".showdate("%d", $info['news_date'])."</span>\n";
         echo "<span class='year'>".showdate("%Y", $info['news_date'])."</span>\n";
      echo "</p>\n";
      echo "<p class='post-meta'>".$locale['global_070'].profile_link($info['user_id'], $info['user_name'], $info['user_status'])." • ".articlescat($info);
      if ($info['news_allow_comments'] && $settings['comments_enabled'] == "1") echo "<span class='post-comments'><a href='".FUSION_SELF."?readmore=".$info['news_id']."#comments'>".$info['news_comments']."</a></span>\n";
      echo "</p>\n";
      echo $news;
   echo "</div>\n";
}

Sorry, I misunderstood earlier. I thought you wanted to remove them.

If you want to edit the article's display to be like the news display, you need to edit function render_article() in theme.php
Ok but I don't know which lines to replace.
Ok, I don't quite understand what you're asking. I installed the theme and made a test article.

Both the article and news render shows the same header information. see my test article header below:

www.skpacman.com/images/itheme_article.png

and my news header:

www.skpacman.com/images/itheme_news.png

They both show what category the article or news was posted under.

What, exactly, are you trying to change?
I would like to categories of news are in the same way that replaced the categories of articles. Something like this:

www.skpacman.com/images/itheme_article.png

Except that where the Test Category will be at one of the categories of articles.
the "Test Category" is an article category.

I still don't see what the problem is.
Thread Information
Author
Posted In
Replies
10 posts
Views
2,126 times
Last Post
Last updated on 8 years ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot set up a bounty in this discussion thread.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
You cannot up or down-vote on the post in this discussion thread.
Users who participated in discussion: Falcon, skpacman, dawido171