Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.

Character encoding

Hello guys, another problem appeared. I have finally found time to work on my site so i tried to translate all the english words to my language - Slovak. But it doesnt work so easy as i thought. Where do i need to edit the code to get the right encoding on the whole site.
For now i have Slovak translate UTF-8 now. I found that the "forum" was not translated so i copied there main options and post php files. But the problem is, it is not woriking properly. I dont know why. Any help with this?

s24.postimg.org/kv0ikyqid/Bez_n_zvu.png

IT works now, all i have to do was, to edit .php files and set "coding" to UTF-8, oh man such an easy job and it took my a few hours to do it. Anyway, you can lock this B)
Lol, yeah i have them moments.. sat there for hours thinkin "this is one hell of a jobe" rubbing my eyes... and then bam! all you have to do is edit one line haha

Glad you worked it out, there should be more encouragement for self learning :)

jimboppin wrote:

Lol, yeah i have them moments.. sat there for hours thinkin "this is one hell of a jobe" rubbing my eyes... and then bam! all you have to do is edit one line haha

Glad you worked it out, there should be more encouragement for self learning :)

Can you tell me where exactly to edit to put utf-8 charset ? I have the same problem.

Merged on Oct 20 2013 at 14:43:16:
fixed it in locale/english/global.php , changed charset to utf8. But for some reason those chars still doesn't show in topic of news. Why is that ?
Thread Information
Author
Replies
3 posts
Views
2,157 times
Last Post
Last updated on 7 years ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot set up a bounty in this discussion thread.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
You cannot up or down-vote on the post in this discussion thread.
Users who participated in discussion: icb, kopko, jimboppin