Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.

Solved: Logs in and logs out again? Site moved.

Hi,

I've just moved the site as we are now using a new host and it all loads fine but when you login it says your logged in but as soon as you click a link it will log you straight back out again.

I remember fixing this problem before but Im not sure how I did it, or where i read about. Any help would be great.

Thanks Ryan
Hi,

There are plenty threads to read about the solution.

This thread will sort you out.

http://www.php-fusion.co.uk/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=32333

Good Luck!

Jib wrote:

Hi,

There are plenty threads to read about the solution.

This thread will sort you out.

http://www.php-fusion.co.uk/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=32333

Good Luck!

Thanks Jib,

Will take a look through them, I did do a search but it didn't bring back anything useful.
It should of brought back results of all the threads I posted in my other post I linked too above. That will help you. ;)

EDIT: I see all the links in my other post are now broken since the forum has been cleaned, no matter though the answer is in the thread anyway.

Jib wrote:

It should of brought back results of all the threads I posted in my other post I linked too above. That will help you. ;)

EDIT: I see all the links in my other post are now broken since the forum has been cleaned, no matter though the answer is in the thread anyway.

yeah they are all broken, Also that did not fix the problem... as the site has been transferred all the settings are the same aka the site_url has not changed and is as it should be without the slash etc

So something else must be causing the problem, im sure I have missed something.. ill keep hunting it down as I know it will be something stupid :)
Nah, its the same problem there are no other issues other than that.

So, let's see...

What's your site link?

What do you have entered in site_url: and site_path:

Jib wrote:

So, let's see...

What's your site link?

Just done a "clear cache and hard reload" and bingo its working!(I also forgot to CHMOD the folders!) Thanks for all your help Jib :)

1click wrote:

Jib wrote:

So, let's see...

What's your site link?

Just done a "clear cache and hard reload" and bingo its working! Thanks for all your help Jib :)

lol cache? That should not do anything but if all good now. Great coool, nice. :)
Could it have been the CHMOD of the folders? but it's fixed so that will save my life from the 22k members emailing me!
No matter, all fixed so all good.

Good luck!
:G
Thread Information
Author
Replies
11 posts
Views
3,196 times
Last Post
Last updated on 6 years ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot set up a bounty in this discussion thread.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
You cannot up or down-vote on the post in this discussion thread.
Users who participated in discussion: Falk, Craig, 1click