Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
To our dearest community, for those who have eagerly waited for PHP-Fusion 9, our developers have requested for another beta cycle purported to streamline and optimize our final end codes.

Many beta testers came back with some small bugs around the system and we are still busy with the testing and repairs/fix/amends like usual. But it was felt unanimously that for the better, another Beta Cycle is much in need.

The good news here is, we all get a better CMS at the end of the day.

Beta 4 has yielded a very viable results with increments of around close to 250 commits. In other words, more powerful APIs. Please look at the commits at Github which dated February 1st until March 14th for what have been done. To our development team and contributors-- saying that you guys rock, don't even cut enough.

Development of Beta 5 begins at March 14th and very possibly gonna end around April 15th or so (30 days usual cycle).

Also worth mentioning, thanking Netrix further for his speed-test reports, The PHP-Fusion 9.00 remains to still to be the fastest opensource CMS to be released in 2014/2015 period now, beaten only with a split of .1 - .2 micro seconds (1/10 of the speed of blink of eye) when compared to Version 7 difference, humbly said. With the Tesseract (the infamous V8) scoring highest at 2.60 seconds render, Version 9.00 came back with a cut by more than half chasing back Version 7.00's tail with x3 more than what Tesseract could have offered. Again, please bear in mind, this is the results of an initial beta. Our developers are still finding methods to beat our own records still.

I have known at least 10 person using Beta 4 in production environment already, but guys, please be wary of the situation and know that we are all bound to change our codes still day-to-day.

We are all extremely happy with the results.

So, keeps your heads high and expect unmatchable top-tiered results from our core developers, judging from the progress we had from Beta 1 until now.

And last but not least, for our dear contributors and developers :

We're all to stop our itchiness to add stuff.

So lets spare the Next 48 hours from now to add new things, after that, try to do no more. Final moments to gather our thoughts, and put the pieces together, then I will initiate the new Beta Cycle. The goal for the next Beta phase will be to streamline and optimize.

That means cut down codes. If a feature is missing to your taste, leave it until RC1, where we can add if necessary.

Regards! :Y
Nice hien,

We all are waiting for this. I think v9 will be the best thing of Fusion in years.

Continue with the great work.

The good news here is, we all get a better CMS at the end of the day.

Good to read, that is most important for me, no or little bugs or security problems. Thank you very much!
I will be running through a test of most major features today. So far here are my findings(I will edit as I go along today).

// Installation issues
  • 100% Successful

// Forums
  • Index shows Category and Forums/Subforums appropriately.
  • Looking at a particular category shows all Forums no matter their forum_access restrictions
  • Able to access all forums no matter forum_access restrictions. However, not able to access the threads inside the restricted forum
  • Category and Forum creation works 100%
  • Modifying various acceses works 100%
  • General forum functionality(Post New THread, Reply, etc works
  • Adding Attachments does not work

// Blogs
  • Creating a blog works
  • Editing/Changing Category works
  • "I am the Super Administrator of this websiteand I currently live in March 15 2015" - Doesn't seem to be fully represented and I didn't see an admin option in Blog Settings to turn it off.
  • Blog nesting line doesn't seem inline together. Home is lower than the rest of the trail.
hello,
I want to know where I can download the beta 5 to test ...
and someone has prediction of the official release?

att,
portal.visaotec.com
Download Link : https://github.com/php-fusion/PHP-Fusion/archive/9.00.zip
Many Fixes have been done for today by 3 of us developers as we run through our own lists. Bug reports have also been made by testers. We'll be fixing them in due time.

Special note to Gillette, where I turned back on Bootstrap to ensure max compatibility with Template. As you can see, Gillette just needed a little bit tweak to get it running back on its feet again. :) If the HTML of 9.00 in any part looks odd... we'll be looking at improvising Septenary (i.e. Theme), nothing else. Margin, Padding, Spacing, Things doesn't align, etc. It's all gonna be in the CSS. Please just commit ahead.

While and if doing so, a small note. Please try prioritize #css-id marker and parent css marker than directly modifying general .css-class marker. Because PHP-Fusion comprises of 9 core systems, It is immensely painful to tweak under 1 single css file. In our stock templates, they are all marked with ID in most of the div, so aim for that first.. i.e. .download-left > .col-sm-9 {} rather than .col-sm-9 {} , which in the latter will distort the entire system's default behavior. It's the best bet anyway. Just a note.

The templates have not been optimized thoroughly yet. What we need is just the $data output from core, reduce all the if/else statement as much as possible. We're still on it.

Locale needs to be reindexed when time comes, but it's not necessary at this moment, and because we want to sync all possible locales in Github, please if you have your language in as soon as possible. Primary advantage is that when we add locale keys, we add in all languages, and testing can be done concurrently, inspected by all developers. :G

Regards.
If all modules not installed from the begining, how will i install them after the setup. I can not see from infusions
Go back to installer, there will be a list of options allowing you jump there..
WoooW, its really amazing Hien. but i prefer installing inside like infusions
Glad you like it. We still have lots of stuff coming in our mind.

Reason I had that is because we recognize there are 2 different access in real life. One is Server Full Access, and the other is System Full Access. With regards to PHP-Fusion installation in general, it doesn't fall into configuration, but an installation matter.
If I infuse an infusion works perfect but Defusing doesn't work for me
It works for me.

When you try to defuse an infusion, you have to click the OK on a javascript based confirmation window
CodeDownload  
return confirm('Defuse this infusion?')

The browsers can block it.

Maybe this happened or someone has already fixed it. I have never met this issue.
We will soon to reach a point where we're almost close to releasing to public in Release Candidate 1.

This is what have been decided by the MT.

For this purpose, we have created 'focus' points on issues migrating the threads here into multiple forum in its own issues. This allows developers to work better.

Dear Developers, all Core Issues Must be cleared before end of this month (try). The minor bugs can survive this round. Try to clear as many core system bugs before we do a public RC1.

Dear beta testers, if you do not know where to lodge your issues, you can leave it on this forum as well, and I will help you to move it to the proper channel.

Schedule for testing and rounding:

Beta 5 - Core and APIs (Final Call)

After that - in depth system/sweep one by one shall be done in the following order:

RC1.0 - Blog and News
RC1.1 - Downloads and Weblinks
RC1.2 - Forum
RC1.3 - Private Messaging
RC1.4 - Articles
RC1.5 - User Fields (Login and Registration)
RC1.6 - Locale and Others
RC1.7 - Final Polishing

End of Beta and Public Release - unless RC2 will be required. Throughout the sessions, we will be looking into forums of these issues and close it as soon as timer permits. It is not a protocol here, but a priority. We can fix everything, but I myself will focus on that manner according to the schedule.

In order to Stabilize the release, do not suggest, do not add new now. We're going to allocate all new ideas and changes to the excitement of the next major release together in 9.10

Duration:
Minimum duration is 1 week and maximum duration up to 8 weeks per round.

Contributors:
We are really thankful to the contributors thus far. It had been really pleasant to work with all our core developers, organised and helpful. I really enjoyed it. Please continue to have patience and we will be back with greater goods as usual.

For beta tester coders, please push your fixes, and locales into our repository if possible, this cuts down a lot of our core dev's time in fixing the unseen problems. They will be reviewed very promptly.

Thank you.

It works for me.

When you try to defuse an infusion, you have to click the OK on a javascript based confirmation window
CodeDownload  
return confirm('Defuse this infusion?')

The browsers can block it.

Maybe this happened or someone has already fixed it. I have never met this issue.
- by Rimelek

No I don't think so, I have tried both it's not defusing unless dropping from phpmyadmin
To whom is may concern,

PHP-Fusion 9.00 Beta 5 performance report @ https://blackfire.io/profiles/291d69b8-b6ef-4a5d-8d4d-cf6b38a8638c/graph
Forum//
Forum quick reply white page error.
Add a Reply no problem.
News//
Read more button no.
Manage Comments click goto home.php

Panels are moved to the right side. The main page will not appear in the right panel.
You do not have access to view attachments
Thank you Brian ,
fusion_get_settings seems to be a performance hog, Just to be sure, do I get that right?
I want the old method restored if that is the case.

@tezoyu,
Thank you for testing and reporting, but please post in the correct report forum your post risk getting lost here.
Hi guys, I tested fusion_get_settings(), and is not incrementing on the dbquery, no matter how many times it's used.

According to my finding, the main delay hogs here are 2 only.

a) IMAGE
b) Dbquery count.

The below is the print out of the "have-Fire-Per-Round" Dbquery, The performance hogger. See which one is not needed, and we can discard that query.

To whom it may concern - part 2

At home.php -- some content added to show what's going on.

SOURCE:

Maincore

CodeDownload  

SELECT * FROM fusionI2JgG_settings

User Info Panel

CodeDownload  

SELECT * FROM fusionI2JgG_users
                  WHERE user_id='1' AND user_status='0' AND user_actiontime='0'
                  LIMIT 1

Authenticate

CodeDownload  

UPDATE fusionI2JgG_users SET user_lastvisit='1427516135', user_ip='::1', user_ip_type='6' WHERE user_id='1'

Panel

CodeDownload  

SELECT panel_name, panel_filename, panel_content, panel_side, panel_type, panel_access, panel_display, panel_url_list, panel_restriction, panel_languages FROM fusionI2JgG_panels WHERE panel_status='1' ORDER BY panel_side, panel_order

Mutlilang = New in 9

CodeDownload  

SELECT mlt_rights FROM fusionI2JgG_mlt_tables WHERE mlt_status='1'

This error - i added 1 just to show time increments.

CodeDownload  

SELECT error_id, error_status FROM fusionI2JgG_errors
      WHERE error_level='2' AND error_file='/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/PHP-Fusion/themes/templates/layout.php'
      AND error_line='18' AND error_status!='1'
      ORDER BY error_timestamp DESC LIMIT 1
INSERT INTO fusionI2JgG_errors (
            error_level, error_message, error_file, error_line, error_page,
            error_user_level, error_user_ip, error_user_ip_type, error_status, error_timestamp
         ) VALUES (
            '2', 'Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/PHP-Fusion/includes/db_handlers/mysql_functions_include.php:28)',
            '/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/PHP-Fusion/themes/templates/layout.php', '18',
            '/home.php', '-103', '::1', '6',
            '0', '1427516135'
         )

Atom - Find Active Theme - New In 9

CodeDownload  

SELECT theme_file FROM fusionI2JgG_theme WHERE theme_name='Septenary' AND theme_active='1'

Site Links 1 - First Round on Fire Horizontal Bar

CodeDownload  

SELECT * FROM fusionI2JgG_site_links WHERE link_position >= 2 AND link_language='English' AND 1 = 1 ORDER BY link_cat, link_order

User Info Panel

CodeDownload  

SELECT * FROM fusionI2JgG_messages_options WHERE user_id='0'

CSS Navigation Panel -- Second round on Navigation Query

CodeDownload  

SELECT * FROM fusionI2JgG_site_links WHERE link_position <= 2 AND link_language='English' AND 1 = 1 ORDER BY link_cat, link_order

RSS Panel -- this is where the substr() count in Netrix's report bears heavy %

CodeDownload  

SELECT substring(table_name, 13)  FROM information_schema.tables WHERE table_schema = database()  AND table_name LIKE 'fusionI2JgG\_%'

Users Online

CodeDownload  

UPDATE fusionI2JgG_online SET online_lastactive='1427516135', online_ip='::1'
      WHERE online_user='1'
DELETE FROM fusionI2JgG_online WHERE online_lastactive<1427516075

SELECT ton.online_user, tu.user_id, tu.user_name, tu.user_status FROM fusionI2JgG_online ton
   LEFT JOIN fusionI2JgG_users tu ON ton.online_user=tu.user_id

SELECT user_id, user_name, user_status FROM fusionI2JgG_users WHERE user_status='0' ORDER BY user_joined DESC LIMIT 0,1

LAFT:
CodeDownload  

SELECT   f.forum_id, f.forum_cat, f.forum_name, f.forum_description, f.forum_mods, f.forum_lastpost, f.forum_postcount,
   f.forum_threadcount, f.forum_lastuser, f.forum_access, f2.forum_name AS forum_cat_name, f2.forum_description AS forum_cat_description,
   t.thread_id, t.thread_lastpost, t.thread_lastpostid, t.thread_subject, t.thread_postcount, t.thread_views, t.thread_lastuser, t.thread_poll
   FROM fusionI2JgG_forums f
   LEFT JOIN fusionI2JgG_forums f2 ON f.forum_cat = f2.forum_id
   LEFT JOIN fusionI2JgG_forum_threads t ON f.forum_id = t.forum_id AND f.forum_lastpostid=t.thread_lastpostid
   WHERE f2.forum_language='English' AND 1 = 1 AND f.forum_type !='1' AND f.forum_type !='3' AND t.thread_hidden='0'
   GROUP BY thread_id ORDER BY t.thread_lastpost LIMIT 15

Hottest Thread

CodeDownload  

SELECT thread_postcount FROM fusionI2JgG_forum_threads ORDER BY thread_postcount DESC LIMIT 4,1
SELECT   f.forum_id, f.forum_cat, f.forum_name, f.forum_description, f.forum_mods, f.forum_lastpost, f.forum_postcount,
   f.forum_threadcount, f.forum_lastuser, f.forum_access, f2.forum_name AS forum_cat_name, f2.forum_description AS forum_cat_description,
   t.thread_id, t.thread_lastpost, t.thread_lastpostid, t.thread_subject, t.thread_postcount, t.thread_views, t.thread_lastuser, t.thread_poll
   FROM fusionI2JgG_forums f
   LEFT JOIN fusionI2JgG_forums f2 ON f.forum_cat = f2.forum_id
   LEFT JOIN fusionI2JgG_forum_threads t ON f.forum_id = t.forum_id AND f.forum_lastpostid=t.thread_lastpostid
   WHERE f2.forum_language='English' AND 1 = 1 AND t.thread_postcount >= '' AND f.forum_type!='1' AND f.forum_type !='3' AND t.thread_hidden='0'
   GROUP BY thread_id ORDER BY t.thread_lastpost LIMIT 15

Latest Article

CodeDownload  

SELECT ta.article_id, ta.article_subject, ta.article_visibility FROM fusionI2JgG_articles ta
   INNER JOIN fusionI2JgG_article_cats tac ON ta.article_cat=tac.article_cat_id
   WHERE article_cat_language='English' AND 1 = 1 AND article_draft='0' ORDER BY article_datestamp DESC LIMIT 0,5

I would remove all panels and run test again. Then the benchmark would not consider the panels as core performance.

Blank Install - Render time: 0.06 seconds - 25 Queries

Only User Info Panel and Welcome Message Panel
Render time: 0.03 seconds - 17 Queries <---- V7 + 2 new queries (MLT and Atom)

Do not fire MLT, (No Multilang table) -- 16 queries, 0.02 - 16 Queries.

Do not turn on SEO also.
Thread Information
Author
Replies
42 posts
Views
11,187 times
Last Post
Last updated on 5 years ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You cannot download attachments in this forum.