SDK for Translators - PHP-Fusion 9
If you want other methods, please simply attach the files to this thread or mail them to us. ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
Flags as seen in the English locale folder can be found in images/flags and images/small_flag
Copy your large flag from images/flags to locale/YourLanguage/Language.png
Copy your small flag from images/small_flag to locale/YourLanguage/Language-s.png
To make it as simple and structured as possible I recommend that you have a clean folder structure on your translations working space.
I have attached translate_structure_sdk.zip that follows the correct structure.
Pay special attention to shoutbox_panel and rss_feeds_panel, the locale file is not in a folder but in the root of the directory.
Always use English locale as base locale from the main download pack, it is guaranteed to be updated.
Copy the files from the English directories to match the SDK structure.
Make sure that you save the files in UTF-8 Without BOM.
Once your translation is done Git it or zip the whole folder structure and attach or send it to us and we will include it for you.
Also a reminder, Please do not translate any object names anywhere.
Chan Wrote :
Hi guys, please note that these terms should not be translated and to be left as english.
I notice Malay called Infusion as Infusi. That's not correct. Infusion is an object name, and a patented term by PHP-Fusion to refer as its system module.
- Same goes as TinyMCE, please don't go translate them as "SmallMCE" or "Small Editor", etc
- Same goes as Dynamics, please don't go translate them as "Transforming Fields" or "Transformer" or "Fast Transform" , etc
- Same goes with PHP-Fusion, don't go translate them as "PHP-Merge", etc.
- Same goes with Defender, don't go translate them as "Defense" or "Shield".
- Don't go translate CSS, HTML, or LESS, or SASS. I have seen LESS referred to "not more" in stack-overflow
- Same goes with referring to Quantum, don't go translate them "automatic field creator engine". You can however translate User Fields as Member Fields in any language.
The file is only 7 bytes and al wat in it is:
Edit : https://github.com/php-fusion/PHP-Fusion/commit/64c46a381d77382cbbd0a74325453e6d04f9af1d
70% of the Turkish language translation completed. Turkish and TurkishUTF8.
$locale['term'] = "\"Term\"";
only setup.php had a class in it from affected files, the class need to change " > ' aswell and it is all good.
I'm not sure about those terms that we are supposed to not translate. I see two problems:
1. as of Lithuanian translation was done almost from beginning of v9, we have translated all those terms (and used our Lithuanian terms since beginning of Lithuanian translation); Now we are supposed to go back and check every file to retranslate them?
2. How do you imagine language to work? I mean, in Lithuanian "Install Infusion" would mean "Įdiegti papildinį", now it is supposed to sound "Įdiegti Infusion"? That's crazy. Especially in different situations when word "Infusion" can be "papildinys", "papildinį", "papildinius", "papildiniai" and so on. English language has only "Infusion" and "Infusions".
EDIT: seems like this forum does not support UTF-8?
It sure makes the translation harder in this later stage and it might be easier to do a new one.
Object names are reserved for functional and recognition purposes, just as the code is based on English.
True, We have yet upgraded this site to 9 ( Work in progress ) Once done all will be UTF-8.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.