Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.

(2.7) What are the "old files"?

Hey there,

i'm testing the upgrade from 7 to 9 and so far it's all very clear however now there is this point in the readme

7 · Assuming that you followed the above procedure you can now remove all old PHP-Fusion files except downloads, forum/attachments, images, infusions folders, config.php and the new .htaccess file.

What files are this?
all php files not in the 9 package?
or just some folders?
That is not very clear to me and i would appreciate some help here :)

Thanks!
ok, i think i did something wrong.. all my site-links are gone...
and i can't add new links..
We have not made a compare to new vs old yet, It can be a tad tricky if you are not verry used to it. but basically, news.php, downloads.php,weblinks.php ( old content files ) that exists in root can be removed.
what about folders? are there som folders i can delete as well?
and what about the site-links? i can see them in the front-end if i use an old theme. new themes don't show them and in the back-end i can't see them at all nor can i create new ones.
i used RC3 from this page so maybe it was a bug which is already fixed.

and what about the site-links? i can see them in the front-end if i use an old theme. new themes don't show them and in the back-end i can't see them at all nor can i create new ones.

Please make a new thread with correct subject and screenshots and errorlog info. It sure sounds strange to me but something might have changed there in a later RC with no reflection in the upgrade script.

Regarding folders and files, I will need to get back to a complete list after a compare have been made on a final product.
i tried to reproduce it but now it worked.. maybe i just forgot one step :)
Good news :)
Thread Information
Author
Replies
7 posts
Views
1383 times
Last Post
Last updated on 4 years ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot set up a bounty in this discussion thread.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
You cannot up or down-vote on the post in this discussion thread.
Users who participated in discussion: Falk, mawe4585