Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.

V6.01.13

Hi,
I have an old website that as been a bit dead.
I know trying to make some updates to it and the firts thing i want to upgrade phpfusion.
What is the best method to upgrade that old version?
Thanks in advance
Run install.php
You need the current Git version to try it tho, https://github.com/php-fusion/PHP-Fusion

I am not sure it will work, never tested on versions below 7.02.07

This is what I suggest if the latest install.php fails.

1, Backup your site and database ( Do this before trying install too ).
2, Download https://sourceforge.net/projects/php-fusion/files/PHP-Fusion%20Archives/7.x/PHP-Fusion%207.00.00.zip/download
3, Read the readme and follow the upgrade instructions.
4, Download latest 7 from https://sourceforge.net/projects/php-fusion/files/PHP-Fusion%20Archives/7.x/PHP-Fusion-7.02.07.zip/download
5, Follow this guide to upgrade your 7 with the latest 7 version, https://www.php-fusion.co.uk/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=33294#post_182350
5, Now download the 9 from Git and run the installer.

There is some new values in config you need to pay special attention on from 6 to 7 and from 7.0 to 7.02 series.
Hi,

I guess i wont make it. In the firts upgrade (6.1 tp 7) i get:
CodeDownload  
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 6You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 7You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 7You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 6You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 8You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 8You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 6You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 7

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance
It is all old scripts now, did not 9´s installer work? anyway for upgrade sequence on old scripts you need to change all TYPE=MyISAM to ENGINE=MyISAM
Hi,

I didnt tryed to upgrade directly to version 9.
As for the change you are refering to the upgrade scrypt?
Thanks in advance
Yes, Everywhere in these older scripts where it exists.
Install only covers core like DB_USERS, to DB_ADMIN to new table like DB_THEME. Infusions cover themselves like News Infusion, Gallery, Downloads, etc (those have their own upgrade scripts and you need to manually click "blue" button to upgrade.

The procedure to upgrade is just to use your old db on new file system. You may keep your existing system just in case.

1. Duplicate your whole v6 pf table to v6_to_be_9_clone table.
2. Upload full v9 into /v9 (Not your v6)
3. Copy your config.php from your v6 to v9.
4. Run v9/install.php

Now, in step 2, it does not have your old infusions.

After 4 is done. Your old DB would have been automatically updated to work with v9. Now, you can slowly import your old infusions Into v9, and see if there is any error in v9 admin.

Falk's instructions above shall address all changes to new MYSQL requirements. It's not PF requirements. It's your server requirements.
Thanks im going to try that.
What version of phpfusion should i try?
Version 9.02 is not stable right?
Thanks in advance
It is quite stable now, We are about to release it ;)
But use the Git version always. Any changes or updates at this point is to just replace files.
Hi and thanks for the help.
I made step 1, 2 and 3.
In step 4 i oppened install.php. I presses de button "Install version 7.02 with mysqli"
Added the db user, pass, old prefix but then i got the msg that the tables already existed.
Were did i missed?
Thanks in advance
Did you not have an upgrade option?
I presses used the orange button in the start instalation from version 7.02.
CodeDownload  
Start your installation from Version 7.02

Install Version 7.02 with mysqli
Note: Like Version 7 requirements - Your Database Must Exist and Empty
Don't report any issues in Github with the v7 installer (including this message). If it doesn't work for you, try other method.
No need to translate this.

Complete source code for this can be found on Github.

The error message was:
CodeDownload  
Error: Table prefix error.
The specified table prefix is already in use.

You need to try the 9 upgrade not the v7 Installer, it is a fresh install for devs during the transition and that won´t work.
Im so sorry, i feel so ad for taking your time.
I uploaded the v9.02, copied the old config.php and runned the /upgrade/
Nothing apeared... i then looked inside the upgrade folder and index.php is empty.
I then rename 9.02.upgrade.inc to 9.02.upgrade.php and tryed to run it with no luck got a "the server cant handle that request".
What im i doing wrong?
Thanks in advance
You start the installer and select to upgrade, if that option does not exist in your installation ( we have never tested on a 6 site but it can support it ) you need to follow my steps in the post above.
Hi,
1. Duplicate your whole v6 pf table to v6_to_be_9_clone table.
Done now i have a duplicate of each table.

2. Upload full v9 into /v9 (Not your v6)
Done, i made a v6 backup and delete the files, then uploaded the v9.

3. Copy your config.php from your v6 to v9.
Done

4. Run v9/install.php
I have no upgrade option, i attached the screen.

What should i do next?
Thanks in advance
sadamyne attached the following file:
install.jpg [67.78kB / 63 Downloads]

if that option does not exist in your installation ( we have never tested on a 6 site but it can support it ) you need to follow my steps in the post above.
I made the upgrade to v7. It all when withaut eny errors but now the site looks like the image in attachement.
Any ideas? :)
sadamyne attached the following file:
after7.jpg [13.86kB / 76 Downloads]
Looks like you need to switch to English locale and make a complete translation
Thread Information
Author
Replies
30 posts
Views
3,857 times
Last Post
Last updated on 3 years ago