Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Hi, I downloaded pm control infusion and when I go through admin section, it's ok, i can get there, but when I want to add this into user_info_panel it just doesn't work, because there is some aidlink and I don't know how to add it to user_info_panel with this.

12 replies

From this site?, please provide a link to the download, I can´t find anything with that description in the AddonDB.
Oh, sorry I forgot it was from another site, really sorry for that...

Merged on Jul 23 2017 at 23:03:53:
But you can't help me if this is from another site please?
It is hard since I have no idea what type of addon your have, we require some standards for upload here. Like readme etc just to avoid situations where the users have no clue what to do.

You can make a thread and attach it under https://www.php-fusion.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?forum_id=89
I downloaded this pm_control https://www.mediafire.com/?i3fu2zhoaodge37 if it's ok with this.. It's from another coder... Sorry for that, but I will appreciate help..
aidlink is for admins only, not for users.

What do you want to include in the user menu?
I installed the infusion on a test site, and to me it is like an admin tool for admin private messages for all users. The admin can view or delete the private messages for all user, so for me it should not be visible for normal users.

For admin access you should add something like this:

In user_info_panel.php around line 51 add:

CodeDownload  

if (iADMIN && checkrights("PMC")) {
         echo "<div>\n";
         echo THEME_BULLET."<a href='".INFUSIONS."pm_control/pm_control.php".$aidlink."'class='side'>".sprintf("PM CONTROL");
         echo "</a>\n";
         echo "</div>\n";
      }   

See attached image for result
douwe_yntema attached the following file:
pm_control.png [2.38kB / 58 Downloads]
Fusion 7 or Fusion 9?
Infusion is for V7

aidlink is for admins only, not for users.

What do you want to include in the user menu?
I installed the infusion on a test site, and to me it is like an admin tool for admin private messages for all users. The admin can view or delete the private messages for all user, so for me it should not be visible for normal users.

For admin access you should add something like this:

In user_info_panel.php around line 51 add:

CodeDownload  

if (iADMIN && checkrights("PMC")) {
         echo "<div>\n";
         echo THEME_BULLET."<a href='".INFUSIONS."pm_control/pm_control.php".$aidlink."'class='side'>".sprintf("PM CONTROL");
         echo "</a>\n";
         echo "</div>\n";
      }   

See attached image for result
- by douwe_yntema

I think, that this is working, thanks a lot :) Thumbs up
So I've been trying to set up php fusion based on a forum I helped put up several years ago. PM Control is an infusion that was originally on this site but is gone for some reason now. It was installed on a forum I moderated long time ago and was very useful for game purposes. You can find it on http://basti2web.de from its original programmer. Unfortunately the site is mostly in German and I haven't seen any updates on it. Any way I'm having a slight problem with this infusion now... Can you give me some insights on how to repair or update the issue?

I've included a screen print of what the infusion is kicking back to me.
So I clearly got the infusion installed and can get into it's setting and what not.
Unfortunately I don't know what it's referring to about the fsockopen problem on the server or an error in the SQL with the MariaDB server.

I have Version : 7.02.07 of PHP Fusion installed on my web host.

It would be great to get pointers on this issue, I haven't found another way to moderate PM's. If you have any ideas about another Infusion or add on to install I'd gladly take them other wise this infusion is my only working tool i can use.

Please take a look at the photo I uploaded...

Thnx in advance!
nockerkin attached the following file:
pm_control_issues.jpg [130.41kB / 66 Downloads]
Hi, the fsock is a apache module that your webhosting needs to enable on your hosting server. Provide them a support ticket to get the issue resolved for you.
Thanks for such a prompt reply. :)
I've already found the answers needed about the socket issue and gutted the unneeded functions from PM control.
The main problem that was keeping it from working was on line 55 of "infusion.php"

) TYPE=MyISAM;";

It needed to be corrected to ...

) ENGINE=MyISAM;";

Seems to be working pretty well actually. I'm testing it in Version 9 now.
Thanks again and sorry for wasting any of your time with this minor glitch.
Hope others find this post useful. :)
Thanks for respond on the fix.
author Filajz
forumPanels and Infusions
replies13 posts
viewed1,698 times
activeLast updated on 2 years ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot set up a bounty in this discussion thread.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
You cannot up or down-vote on the post in this discussion thread.
Users who participated in discussion: Falk, Chan, karrak, nockerkin, douwe_yntema, Filajz