Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.

Upgrade from V7.02.07 fail

BGLRadio - Latest reply on 28-11-2018 19:39 by douwe_yntema

B

BGLRadio
I am trying th upgrade my site from v7.02.07 to the lastest version of 9 from the download page. I ftp'd all the files in the appropriate locations and once that is done, I got to my.site.com/install.php and it just gives me a blank page. Am I missing a step not listed on the readme file?
Falk has replied to this - 7 months ago

Sort replies by

Falk
Falk
Please check the system requirements, that is all I can think of.

D

danyab
Hi, i don't want to open e new thread so i think that here is the right place to post my problem.
I try to make upgrade from 7.02 to 9 and i have an error at Database Settings and Server Paths - Please enter your MySQL database access settings.
Error is this: There was an error while processing your request
I chek 3 time all dates and i don't find nothing wrong. Problem can be because my site is on a folder and not direct in local host something like public_htm/sitefolder in cpanel. Can be problem from there? i second domain on host.

Please if you can help me to go on next steps!
Falk has replied to this - 17 days ago

ikandi
ikandi
There are too many quirks and anomalies for the upgrade to work consistently for each and every individual. I found that the mySQL table changes were too critical, and in the end I rebuilt my data the long way, by reconstructing CSV files by hand. Thankfully, there are not too many tables to contend with, the keys ones for me were users, articles, comments, ratings and custom-pages. The Forums tables were very difficult, so I left them - to have a think about for another day.

Falk
Falk
We have a new version in the pipe that includes quite a few upgrade fixes and improvements.
Not quite sure on when to tackle the final touches, things here on main first. After that it will be prio 1 to release an update.

douwe_yntema
douwe_yntema
That's good newssmile
Actions
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
More topics like this
Participated Users
Users who participated in discussion: :
Falk, danyab, douwe_yntema, BGLRadio, ikandi

Moderators:
{%user_avatar%}

Upgrade from V7.02.07 fail
by {%user_profile_link%} {%post_date%}