Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.

v7.02.07 fix for PHP7

Print Track
I'm hoping this is the proper place to post this issue. I'm running PHP-Fusion v7.02.07, and my host will soon stop supporting PHP versions lower than v7. I found fix files in another support thread and applied them to my v7.02.07 install. Now, as a whole, my site runs on PHP7.2. However, I'm now having a couple of issues.

One of those issues is I now cannot attach files to forum posts. whenever I do and then attempt to save, the save fails and I get a screen warning "Prevented an unwanted file upload attempt!". If I roll back the PHP7 compatibility fix files to original v.7.02.07 files, and reset my host's options back to PHP5.6, file attachments are fine. I'm thinking that there is something in one or more of the compatibility fix files that triggers the forum attachment process into thinking the attachment is unsafe.

Does anybody have any experience with this to guide on how to fix this or maybe even comment out whatever causes the "Prevented an unwanted file upload attempt!" check? I don't know how to read the code to know what I'm looking for. Need help!

2 replies

Thank you. I went the disabling die statement option. Not ideal but...
author songiuno
forumUpgrading issues - 8
replies3 posts
viewed748 times
activeLast updated on 11 months ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Users who participated in discussion: songiuno, douwe_yntema