Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.

Exclude pages on new Panels (Admin > System Settings > Panels)

ikandi - Latest reply on 06-12-2018 09:33 by ikandi

ikandi
ikandi
Hello all,

I am adding some widget code for Public Comments and Ratings. I don't wish to use the in-built PHP-Fusion code for this purpose.

By adding the widget code into new panels, these can be seen on every page throughout the site. Great. But..

I wish to exclude the panels on certain pages and page types that don't need to see them (or more specifically, I don't want them to be seen on).

These include FAQ's and Forums mostly. I don't use News or Photos but assume others would.

Problem is, the exclude pages don't seem to work for sub-Forums such as:

infusions/forum/index.php?viewforum&forum_id=16

I also need a method to allow the exclusion to cover a range of pages, such as:

infusions/articles/articles.php?cat_id= [EVERYTHING]

infusions/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id= [EVERYTHING]

infusions/faq/faq.php?cat_id=[EVERYTHING]

Otherwise, I have to account for every new Article Category, FAQ entry and Forum entry as a separate excluded page, which is not very practical as this will require tedious manual entry in the mySQL Panels table.

Any assistance on this would be appreciated.

Ikandi

Sort replies by

ikandi
ikandi
I s there a wildcard character that can be used at the tail of the code?

ikandi
ikandi
With this code, I am wondering whether the ampersand character is the offending culprit?

infusions/forum/index.php?viewforum&forum_id=16

Chan
Chan
A specific widget or panel? Widget refers to the custom page widget (module), it only runs on Custom Page.

Panel refers to the site wide column elements, which can be excluded on Settings Panel Exclusion List.

Which one are we looking at here? :D

Screenshots in elaborating your problem will be good to help us help you. You can use Snippet Tool in windows. The image upload in this site without problem.

If you are using panels, in Admin Panel > Main Settings, there are panel exclusion list for pages.

infusions/forum/viewforum&forum_id

I'm responding because we might be looking at an issue here which I would need to increment. Panel exclusions have not been extensively tested as they are copied from V.7.0.3, but we have a method that you can close down the entire panel columns built into 9.

In your theme.php, you can do a custom rule.

File: whatever-theme/theme.php

<?php
 $panels = \PHPFusion\Panels::getInstance();
 $panels->hide_panel(\PHPFusion\Panels::PANEL_AU_CENTER);
/*
 const PANEL_LEFT = 1;
 const PANEL_U_CENTER = 2;
 const PANEL_L_CENTER = 3;
 const PANEL_RIGHT = 4;
 const PANEL_AU_CENTER = 5;
 const PANEL_BL_CENTER = 6;
 const PANEL_USER1 = 7;
 const PANEL_USER2 = 8;
 const PANEL_USER3 = 9;
 const PANEL_USER4 = 10;
*/

But that being said, you are only looking to exclude on certain pages, the panel exclusion list is only made to exclude panels on 1=1 url match. i.e. forum_id=16 and not [EVERYTHING], so I am afraid that wild card is not supported at the moment. I will need to increment this or at least double check it. If it's not available, I think an ampersand GET value of * should mean everything, possibly do a regex match.

I will get back to this thread.

ikandi
ikandi
Thank you Chan, I will do some more investigating this week, on the various things you've pointed out above.
Actions
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
More topics like this
Participated Users
Users who participated in discussion: :
Chan, ikandi

Moderators:
{%user_avatar%}

Exclude pages on new Panels (Admin > System Settings > Panels)
by {%user_profile_link%} {%post_date%}