Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
helmuth

multilanguage site: deleting language dobbles admin settings in DB

by helmuth, Last updated on 2 months ago in Suspected Bugs and Errors - 8
I have several times installed v8 with 2 languages: Danish and English

If i delete English or Danish from settings_languages.php it results every time in dobbling of the admin settings in the DB but without the text describing the links
All people are born alike - except Republicans and Democrats.

Groucho Marx

-----------------------------------------

On my installation it doubles as well. The double in the navigation are missing its description:
i.imgur.com/ZGosfAn.png

but not the one on the index:
i.imgur.com/oaWP6U3.png

I think the problems is in this

What ~194-~256 does is that it inserts new entries every time you press submit, whether or not you change the enabled locales. There are two issues in this:
1) It doesn't delete anything, which means creating doubles.
2) It uses the presumed array $enabled_languages to import the right locale, but $enabled_languages is only an array if the enabled locales has been changed - if not, it's a string, and the include fails, creating empty values for the locales used for inserting.
Yeah. I see it now. Esp as said with pressing with no change. A fast and easy fix if Admin is bad is to switch back to a new default and back again. It will sort the layout it until we patch it.
Need help?, Having trouble?
• View our Documentation for Guides, Standards and Functions
• Name and Organize your content correctly in the corresponding Forums for best support results
• Attaching Log Files and Screenshots when reporting issues will help
• Please read and comply with the Code of Conduct

(¯`·._.·(¯`°·._.·°º*[ Project Manager ]*º°·._.·°´¯)·._.·´¯)
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.