As I was trying to install V9, I generated a random database password from my cPanel - something like n867z1rM^$TT (which I have now changed). This resulted in the error "There was an error while processing your request". The actual problem was the specific special characters (it is validates as text/password).
1) I had to look through multiple files to find the problem - some feedback on where the problem is would be nice - and maybe a list of accepted characters.
2) Not really an issue for me, but I'd imagine some wasted time having to change a password used in multiple applications on the server, or one that can only be changed by someone else. I'm no expert, but one might wonder is these restrictions are really necessary. :)
Need help?, Having trouble?
• View our Documentation for Guides, Standards and Functions
• Name and Organize your content correctly in the corresponding Forums for best support results
• Attaching Log Files and Screenshots when reporting issues will help
• Please read and comply with the Code of Conduct
You can view all discussion threads in this forum. You cannot set up a bounty in this discussion thread. You can start a new discussion thread in this forum. You cannot reply in this discussion thread. You cannot start on a poll in this forum. You cannot upload attachments in this forum. You can download attachments in this forum. You cannot up or down-vote on the post in this discussion thread.