Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.

What have I done?

Chan wrote:

@Chan - If you are using Chrome, right click anywhere in page and inspect element. It will fire up a developer console and you can see under Network tab, see any errors. If files missing it will report it.

Do you mean to check for errors/missing files this way after I (re-)attempt the upgrade to v8.00.21 and it fails with blank screen? Or do this on current v7.02.07 before upgrade to see if my v7 install has problems that are causing the upgrade to die?

Chan wrote:

For many years our users have been locked up with such issues upgrade and files server environment. The developers here will solve this soon by letting us doing the upgrade remotely. I have started the roadmap for it and hopefully we will see daylight in Babylon. That is if you opt in for Version 9 later.

I am hoping to jump to v9. I have been checking every so often to see what the touted "final" release would be but am rushing to v8 in the meantime since staying on v7 is scary, because PHP7.x has made ongoing compatibility so sketchy.
So I Have two sites on the same database, using multisite.

Here are the errors I have

Site 1
cupid.vivalavoltz.com/images/links_on_sites/phpfusion/vlverrors.png

this is Site 2 which is a sub directory of Site 1

cupid.vivalavoltz.com/images/links_on_sites/phpfusion/rfvlverrors.png
@cupid

preg /e is no longer supported since PHP 5.5, and we are currently now at PHP 7 minimum already. You need to update the full bbcode.

See which file is needed here in our Version 8.0.22 repository / bbcode -

https://github.com/php-fusion/PHP-Fusion/tree/8.00.22/includes/bbcodes

or simply browse

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/php-fusion/PHP-Fusion/8.00.22/includes/bbcodes/__ENTER_YOUR_FILES.PHP_

upload the new files to your system.

@songuino

Do you mean to check for errors/missing files this way after I (re-)attempt the upgrade to v8.00.21 and it fails with blank screen? Or do this on current v7.02.07 before upgrade to see if my v7 install has problems that are causing the upgrade to die?

Just to detect error, you can rely on the PHP Error Reporting tool. Chrome's (CTRL+SHIFT+I) , under Sources/Network/Console. These are very handy.
However if server is just die(), there are few troubleshooting pointers:

Alterations without being updated:

1. When suddenly installer went white page on you. How to restore manually.

Config.php
Look into config.php file. See if the installer had changed its value. If it has changed, or being renamed, delete that file, and reupload your original config.php.

DB_SETTINGS
Then check your `DB_SETTINGS` and look at this - SELECT * FROM `DB_PREFIX_settings` WHERE `settings_name` LIKE 'version' and see it's value. If it is already 8, then restore its value as version 7.0,

Clear browser cookies, sessions.

Now, try again from start. If still persist, then...

Files are missing
Upload the whole package into your FTP server again.

If trouble still persist, then...

Upgrade without Hosting Server limitations.
- Set up a localhost using LAMP for Windows / WAMP for OSX
- Migrate the unupgraded (Shadowcloning) the whole system into your localhost.
- Upgrade
- Export the upgraded database to a new database in your server.
- Change the config.php $database to the new database.

I am hoping to jump to v9. I have been checking every so often to see what the touted "final" release would be but am rushing to v8 in the meantime since staying on v7 is scary, because PHP7.x has made ongoing compatibility so sketchy.

Well, no worries there. "final" release for each "phase".

In development of PHP-Fusion 9, we have Andromeda https://github.com/php-fusion/PHP-Fusion/tree/Andromeda, which is currently the "stable/final".

Babylon is currently in development. https://github.com/php-fusion/PHP-Fusion/tree/Babylon

We're more than comfortable now that everyone have got several choices to pick from.
Thank you, Chan for that detailed reply. I love to see the people help each other out knowing they wont get much in return. I really appreciate it.

I won't be able to test this until Sunday night. I'll be gone for Easter weekend. I look forward to testing it! I'll let you know how it works out.
Thread Information
Author
Replies
24 posts
Views
648 times
Last Post
Last updated on 6 months ago