Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.

Upgrade Issue - and mitigation code for proposal

I've recently had to resurrect some old sites, and to upgrade to V9 i've been upgrading them first from 7.00.XX to 7.02.07

I had trouble with the upgrade.php found in the 7.02.07 package, specifically, the following errors occurred during upgrade:

CodeDownload  
BLOB, TEXT, GEOMETRY or JSON column 'userlog_value_new' can't have a default value
BLOB, TEXT, GEOMETRY or JSON column 'panel_url_list' can't have a default value
Database upgrade complete.

As the error states, the TEXT mySQL type cannot have a default - however, there is some confusion over this based on your OS (i'm running PHPFusion on IIS / windows).

May i suggest the the v7 upgrade.php be changed to use VARCHAR(4000) instead of TEXT on these 3 lines:

Lines 265 & 266:
CodeDownload  
      userlog_value_new VARCHAR(4000) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
      userlog_value_old VARCHAR(4000) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',

And again on line 292:

CodeDownload  
      $result = dbquery("ALTER TABLE ".DB_PANELS." ADD (panel_url_list VARCHAR(4000) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', panel_restriction TINYINT(1) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '0')");

By making this change I was able to upgrade normally and continue with the V9 upgrade, otherwise, the panel & log tables where broken when the above statements failed.

J.
Thank you, good info.
Thread Information
Author
Replies
2 posts
Views
228 times
Last Post
Last updated on 8 months ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot set up a bounty in this discussion thread.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
You cannot up or down-vote on the post in this discussion thread.
Users who participated in discussion: Falk, heavencore