Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Wanabo

First v7 site to v8 upgrade a success!

by Wanabo, Last updated on 2 months ago in Upgrading issues - 8
That is a great tip!
I searched these forums for an after upgrade conversion script in case you disable the conversion in upgrade php, I mean the utf-8 conversion part only.
With your tip I can comment out some conversions I think that are not needed to speed up the process. But, and that is also why I need an after upgrade conversion script, I want to make sure also those commented out utf-8 conversions are done later on, just in case I missed some thing.

Yesterday I did an 20 mb database conversion which took about 35 minutes, see elsewhere in this thread. Today I did an 12 mb database conversion which took only 6 minutes. But that was on an other server with more memory. So I don't think I'll encounter time out problems, even with the biggest datebase of 30 mb.

But an after upgrade conversion script is appreciated.
www.probemyip.com/probe-my-ip-80x15.png
pHp-Fusion.Asia & pHp-Fusion.Fr & pHp-Fusion.Cn are available for a localized support community. Send PB for info.
Here is some feedback from my users:
When using quick reply you can not preview a message without loosing an attachment. (old v7 bug)
Wen using quick reply you can not switch to full reply keeping your all ready typed message like with other forum software. For example you use quick reply but want to add an attachment you need to switch to reply.
Viewing an attached image in forum can only be closed with escape. The X is probably on the wrong spot. When you click X right bottom corner, very briefly the X is shown top right, but nothing happens.

User request. Like or vote up buttons.
www.probemyip.com/probe-my-ip-80x15.png
pHp-Fusion.Asia & pHp-Fusion.Fr & pHp-Fusion.Cn are available for a localized support community. Send PB for info.
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
Users who participated in discussion: Falk, Homdax, Wanabo, afoster, RobiNN