Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.

Activation URL not clickable

I have another system question: I have not been successful in finding a way the make the "activation url" clickable in the email that a newly registered user receives. Any help there?
It depends on the mail client receiving the mail.

It wil only work with HTML mails

These must set up properly,with <head> tag's etc. Just like a website
Grimloch has replied to this - 21 days ago

douwe_yntema wrote:

@douwe_yntema - It depends on the mail client receiving the mail.

It wil only work with HTML mails

These must set up properly,with <head> tag's etc. Just like a website

That's all well and good but as far as I know there is no way (or place in the system files), to change/modify the sent email from the registration system. If you know where please tell me. On the other hand I use Thunderbird exclusively as my email client. I have 13 email addresses configured and they all work fine. They are all configured to receive and send html emails. I found an old email in one of my inboxes that had an activation email. After opening it (non-clickable url) I clicked View/Message Body and selected Plain Text and lo and behold the url became clickable. This I do not understand as it seems to be just the opposite of what you would expect to see. GO FIGURE!!
cool
As said, the mail client is so smart to make some email adreses clickable even in plain text mail. The only way to make it work always, make html mail with href attr. for the link.
BUT WHERE IS THE LINK GENERATED ???
Have you checked admin email templates?
No I haven't but I will. Thanks!
The issue has been resolved, and will be locked.
Thread Information
Author
Replies
8 posts
Views
104 times
Last Post
Last updated on 18 days ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot set up a bounty in this discussion thread.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
You cannot up or down-vote on the post in this discussion thread.
Users who participated in discussion: Chan, Grimloch, douwe_yntema