Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.

8.00.23 installation/7.x upgrade

Hi there,

I backed up my exisiting system (7.x) and restored it locally.
I then installed a clean 8.00.23 locally.

I updated the existing system (7.x) with the database upgrade (Upgrade_7.02.07_8.00.23, and copied the SECRET_KEY and SECRET_KEY_SALT into the config.php as described) that followed along with the 8.00.23 package.
All tables and fields looked fine after the upgrade and the collations looks fine as well.

I wanted to cut as many cords to the old pages, so after a few modifications to the new clean 8.00.23 system, I started exporting table by table from the v7->v8 upgraded database and into the clean 8.00.23 database.

I checked every single table for fields, types, length and so on, to make sure I would not replace (drop/create) a new table with an old table that missed fields (which meant I had to a and change a few fields here and there).
I deliberately did not update (drop/create) the user table, as I wanted to make sure everything worked before replacing that.

But... for some reason I can't log in any more. There are no error messages it just reloads the page and I'm not logged in.

Have I killed off something in some of the other tables that are vital for the login procedure (as that is the only things I've changed since it worked last)?
I still have full backups of the starting point, so I could easily revert, I just don't know what that would be.

Best regards
I can´t remember everything touched by the upgrade from the back of my head, but this sounds like an issue right here :

Quote

I deliberately did not update (drop/create) the user table, as I wanted to make sure everything worked before replacing that.


Everything need to be upgraded in an upgrade. If it was critical changed to the user db, 1 is for certain the utf8mb4 must be set in the user table.

We have had many upgrades from 7 to 8, the only other thing I can think of that it is case sensitive in passwords now, it did not use to be that.
Thanks for the reply Falk.
Just to let you know, it turned out to be a dumb coding error by me.
So no problems with the upgrade of the database.
Thread Information
Author
Replies
3 posts
Views
236 times
Last Post
Last updated on 3 months ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot set up a bounty in this discussion thread.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
You cannot up or down-vote on the post in this discussion thread.
Users who participated in discussion: Falk, malkir