Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.

Birthdate Field Storage Problem

I don't know if this has been addressed before. Fusion 9.03... when a person registers or is added by the admin and the User Birthdate field is not set it defaults to 1900-01-01. I think this is very bad and should default to nothing. Here is an image of my reasoning.
whisperwillow.com/my_panels/bdays.jpg
The only valid birthdays are the 3 with the red arrows. All the others are the 1900-01-01 default in the database. One solution I can see would be to make the birthdate field mandatory for new users. Just a thought. Any input here would be helpful.
I think there was reason they could not be blank, however you can edit the field in user fields and make it mandatory.
Falk attached the following image:
uf_bd_edit.png
On the code of the field, it should show Not Available, not sure what happened there. We'll double check again.

https://github.com/php-fusion/PHP-Fusion/blob/Andromeda/includes/user_fields/user_birthdate_include.php#L39-L51
I've already figured out I could set the field as mandatory. But it really doesn't help my unique situation. Also at the bottom of the userfield code there is a $locale['na'] but I can't find that anywhere. I suppose I could add it to the userfield locale file?
Thread Information
Author
Replies
4 posts
Views
297 times
Last Post
Last updated on 6 months ago