Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.

Avatar succesful upload but error is thrown / userid needed?

There is a problem when a user uploads an avatar. Even if successful there is an error message: "Your avatar was not uploaded correctly"

Did some digging, but can't find the problem.

It seems formatting the image name was changed during transition from v7 to v8.
In v7 I thought "imagename[userid].gif" with userid was mandatory. Now in v8 when I upload an avatar it is without the [userid] like imagename.gif.

With userid users can have the same picturename but it won't conflict because of the userid in the image name.
I do not remember any function changes to it. It could be Theme related. For example Atom series might have it´s own functions.
In v8 and newer, system increases number if there is image with the same name image.png, image_1.png, image_2.png..

There is a problem when a user uploads an avatar. Even if successful there is an error message: "Your avatar was not uploaded correctly"

Problem was only in the Atom-X8 theme https://github.com/php-fusion/PHP-Fus...393a2d8d3e

I do not remember any function changes to it. It could be Theme related. For example Atom series might have it´s own functions.

Yes the theme is Atom. Could try a different theme. Thanks for the suggestion.

In v8 and newer, system increases number if there is image with the same name image.png, image_1.png, image_2.png..

Problem was only in the Atom-X8 theme https://github.com/php-fusion/PHP-Fus...393a2d8d3e

No problem, it seems duplicate file names are impossible. So I don't need to worry. smile

I will try the updated atom.micro.php this weekend and report back if this fixes the problem. Thanks Robinn.
Tested atom.micro.php with the updated code.
Now everything is ok.

Thanks for the fix.
Thread Information
Author
Replies
5 posts
Views
175 times
Last Post
Last updated on 18 days ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot set up a bounty in this discussion thread.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
You cannot up or down-vote on the post in this discussion thread.
Users who participated in discussion: Falk, Wanabo, RobiNN