Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.

Upgrading from v7.02.07

Hello. So I've neglected my site for a few years. What is the best way to get up to day with the current version on PHP-Fusion? 

I currently have Php-Fusion v7.02.07 installed on two sites using the old multisite feature. 

I posted here in Version 8 because I figured it was the first step. 

Thank you!
Thanks! I'll read that. I don't really have the knowledge to do anything on a local machine. 

Also, is there a reason I would prefer 8 or 9 over the other? Is one becoming obsolete?
If you have many Addons / Themes that you want to keep and still use, 8 is the choice.  You can turn of Bootstrap support and make any v7 Theme work in 8. Infusions is also 100% compatible.
Naturally those Themes/Infusions with older PHP codes and hardcoded SQL queries will not work very well on higher PHP version systems since MySQL has been phased out and PDO / MySQLi is the new standard.
But these things really has nothing to do with the CMS in it self, simply outdated codes and a heads up, good to know.

We will Keep 8 working in later environments. But most future development is done to 9 and beyond. Never say never, but atm we have no larger plans for 8.

You can see the initial release notes for 8 here : https://www.php-fusion.co.uk/infusion...admore=624
You can see the initial release notes for 9 here : https://www.php-fusion.co.uk/infusion...admore=614

Thanks for your advice. I think i'll just leave it all in the past and use v9. 

I have running into an error though. 

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare rrmdir ...... previously declared in core_functions_include.php:2228   I'm not sure what all this code means. Is this an easy fix?
I apologize. I am not very computer savvy. What am I supposed to do? Thank you.

The full error "
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare rrmdir() (previously declared in ../includes/core_functions_include.php:2228) in ../upgrade/upgrade_functions_include.php on line 21"
Ooooooh. I see. I needed to use a different upgrade file?

Edit: Hey! Thanks a lot! I think it's working and should from now on. Thanks a lot you're awesome!

I wish I had knowledge to return the favor or help someone else out. 
Thank you! 
So I got everything updated I think. My maiin site is working fine, but I use the multi site feature. I share users, custom pages, user groups, etc. It's messing up on the other site. Is there something special I need to do? They have the same database and I upgraded one and it worked fine, when I upgraded the other one the previous one has a whole bunch of errors. 
See Admin > Settings > Main Settings > Domain servers. Enable all domains on each site. Including and begining with Current URL for each base domain. So here : http://vivalavoltz.com
First line in Registered Domain Names would be http://vivalavoltz.com Press enter for each new domain ( New line ). 

Thank  you, Faul. I will try that. 

This is the error I'm getting "Warning: Use of undefined constant fusionMAIN_ - assumed 'fusionMAIN_' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home1/mugenjo1/public_html/vivalavoltz/1rf/includes/multisite_include.php on line 51"

Except it's an error for every DB_PREFIX I have shared on the multisite_include

Thread Information
Author
Replies
13 posts
Views
79 times
Last Post
Last updated on 18 days ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot set up a bounty in this discussion thread.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
You cannot up or down-vote on the post in this discussion thread.
Users who participated in discussion: Falk, Cupid, RobiNN