Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Sign In
Not a member yet? Click here to register.

Php basics

Just a quick question. I don't know a lot about php and I'm trying to learn. Not sure where I should post this question.

How did the php-fusion system know where to fine things that are require_one like "THEMES" "INCLUDES" "INFUSIONS", etc.

I understand where they point, but how does the system know that THEMES is in ..basdir/themes?

Thanks for any help.
Defined in includes/core_constants_include.php

Thank you. So I assume when an infusion is installed that its constants (is that what they're called) are defined in the infusion folder?

EDIT: I think I found it. It's defined in infusion_db?
So for the forum in fusion /infusions/forum/index.php confuses me. 

I want to do some editing to the forum. How does it's index.php know what to grab? What is "FORUM_EXISTS"? Where is its 'constant'?
It is generated automatically depending on which infusions you have installed. Each installed infusion has its own *_EXISTS constant. E.g. SHOUTBOX_PANEL_EXISTS, BLOG_EXISTS, NEWS_EXISTS..
CodeDownload  
if (defined('BLOG_EXISTS')) {
// Content is only visible if Blog is installed.
}

We do not recommend editing core files, especially if you do not know PHP. In next update, forum will have a completely new design.
I see. 

In the V7 of php-fusion I had my site's forums cusomized. Each site had its own forum prefix but then below it I had a shared prefix visible on all sites. 

So main site had main forums and sub sites had their own separate forums but still had the main forum visible. 
Thread Information
Author
Replies
6 posts
Views
104 times
Last Post
Last updated on 12 days ago
You can view all discussion threads in this forum.
You cannot set up a bounty in this discussion thread.
You can start a new discussion thread in this forum.
You cannot reply in this discussion thread.
You cannot start on a poll in this forum.
You cannot upload attachments in this forum.
You can download attachments in this forum.
You cannot up or down-vote on the post in this discussion thread.
Users who participated in discussion: Falk, Cupid, RobiNN