PHP-Fusion 9 RC 2 Available
Over 90 Reported issues on Github have been settled, just as many adjustments and various additional fixes have been applied.
The PHP-Fusion Community have been very helpful and overwhelmingly positive to the Development of this version.
We are getting closer to perfection by the day.
For a detailed list of documented fixes please look here.
In addition to the list on Github we had some glitches in the upgrade script that have been fixed.
Highlights in PHP-Fusion 9
· Automatic form sanitation system for your fields with form token support
· Automatic form API & database handler system
Dynamic User Fields
· Arrange, connect to 3d party and even categorize your Users Profiles with tabs
Atom Theme Engine
· Configurable CSS Overrides for any given Theme for it´s default CSS classes
· Permalinks, pretty URLs and Normalize functions.
· A complete Modular system like BBCodes that allows you to easily change and add to the output of how you want your Permalinks
Multilingual Core capabilities
· Instanced format with exclusion,inclusion options
· You can read more about it under Multilingual Content Explained
Model > View Templating
· The MVT have been enabled for most Core content and Core Infusions.
· All Themes are able to change individual Core components and Infusions layout with this system
Notification email templating
· Enabled for contact, forum notifications and PM emails
· Native Bootstrap is enabled in the system by default
· GeoMap is a Country > State selector + City and address fields with 250 Countries and 6832 States covered
· Optimized OOP based Database handling that provides support for multiple database connection instances at once with either PDO or MySQL drivers enabled.
· Quite a few handy and new functions for database handling have been added such as db_exists, dblastid, dbnextid etc.
· With UTF-8 as Default for both for databases and charsets.
· A converter script have been provided in the upgrade procedure for this as well.
· You can read more about it under UTF-8 Explained
A Blog system
· We have included a new Blog system that comes with a Blog Archive Panel and a new Dynamic type of category system
· A new mobile friendly system for the site links have been made.
· The new system have support for images and sub menu items
Two new Panel positions
· Below header and Above Footer
User Migration Tool
· You can now merge user accounts with content
· A whole new Engine for the Administration to have it´s own Themes
· Configurable plugins directly for Themes
Two Default Admin Themes
Two Default Themes
· Bootstrap Theme
· Septenary Theme
Please note that it is quite safe to test PHP-Fusion 9 as end-user, there will be no major changes in the RC, we will at most add fixes as they are needed.
Download PHP-Fusion 9 RC 2 here
PHP-Fusion 9 have been translated to the following languages,
Translations that we know are in progress,
We have started to gather additional translations : Download more PHP-Fusion 9 Locales here
If your language is missing, please read the thread and download the Translations SDK in order to start translating.
View The Translating for PHP-Fusion 9 Thread
If you experience any issues or if you have any questions, please use these forums for Questions and Error reports :
A full Documentation of everything will be made more carefully when we have finalized the new Main site based on PHP-Fusion 9 and wrapped the RC to a sharp public 9.0 release.
I would like to give a huge Thank You to everyone involved!