PHP-Fusion 9 RC 4 Available
Our new Main site based on PHP-Fusion 9 are progressing very well, however we are not quite ready yet. Please see the News image.
The main reason to why we postpone the sharp release is because we want to launch PHP-Fusion 9 with the new Main site.
In order to complete the new Main site based on 9 as we want it, we were lacking a tool. This tool are mentioned in the non-official Development plan for 9.x.
We decided to complete this tool for the initial 9 release and utilize it on the new Main site. The tool I am talking about here is a comprehensive site builder tool for your site.
It is simply not that easy to build a customized front page with your personal touch today. You will for example still need to master some basic coding.
The goal is to eliminate that with this tool.
Over 97 Reported issues on Github have been settled since RC 3, as always there have been a ton of adjustments and various additional improvements applied.
But as you can see, the amount of issues are declining for each RC and this is the first one we release with a blank page of issues.
Yes, you read it right, there are virtually no known issues in this writing moment.
We have noticed a larger public on PHP-Fusion 9 platform and that is a good sign, with the RC 4 we hope to increase the user pool for PHP-Fusion 9.
Download PHP-Fusion 9 RC 4 here
For a detailed list of documented fixes please look here.
For installation & upgrade documentation you can visit PHP-Fusion 9 Documentation
Please note that the Functions and Development Documentation sections for 9 are still work in progress.
Highlights in PHP-Fusion 9
· Automatic form sanitation system for your fields with form token support
· Automatic form API & database handler system
Dynamic User Fields
· Arrange, connect to 3d party and even categorize your Users Profiles with tabs
Atom Theme Engine
· Configurable CSS Overrides for any given Theme for itÂ´s default CSS classes
· Permalinks, pretty URLs and Normalize functions.
· A complete Modular system like BBCodes that allows you to easily change and add to the output of how you want your Permalinks
Multilingual Core capabilities
· Instanced format with exclusion,inclusion options
· You can read more about it under Multilingual Content Explained
Model > View Templating
· The MVT have been enabled for most Core content and Core Infusions.
· All Themes are able to change individual Core components and Infusions layout with this system
Notification email templating
· Enabled for contact, forum notifications and PM emails
· Native Bootstrap is enabled in the system by default
· GeoMap is a Country > State selector + City and address fields with 250 Countries and 6832 States covered
· Optimized OOP based Database handling that provides support for multiple database connection instances at once with either PDO or MySQL drivers enabled.
· Quite a few handy and new functions for database handling have been added such as db_exists, dblastid, dbnextid etc.
· With UTF-8 as Default for both for databases and charsets.
· A converter script have been provided in the upgrade procedure for this as well.
· You can read more about it under UTF-8 Explained
A Blog system
· We have included a new Blog system that comes with a Blog Archive Panel and a new Dynamic type of category system
· A new mobile friendly system for the site links have been made.
· The new system have support for images and sub menu items
Two new Panel positions
· Below header and Above Footer
User Migration Tool
· You can now merge user accounts with content
· A whole new Engine for the Administration to have itÂ´s own Themes
· Configurable plugins directly for Themes
Two Default Admin Themes
Two Default Themes
· Bootstrap Theme
· Septenary Theme
Please note that it is quite safe to test PHP-Fusion 9 as end-user, there will be no major changes in the RC, we will at most add fixes as they are needed.
Download PHP-Fusion 9 RC 4 here
PHP-Fusion 9 have been translated to the following languages,
Translations that we know are in progress,
We have started to gather additional translations : Download more PHP-Fusion 9 Locales here
If your language is missing, please read the thread and download the Translations SDK in order to start translating.
View The Translating for PHP-Fusion 9 Thread
If you experience any issues or if you have any questions, please use these forums for Questions and Error reports :
A full Documentation of everything will be made more carefully when we have finalized the new Main site based on PHP-Fusion 9 and wrapped the RC to a sharp public 9.0 release.
I would like to give a huge Thank You to everyone involved!